Anyone ever read a book called Real Magic, a treatise on yellow magic?

Urson

Registered Member
I know the author's name is Prof. Issac Bonewits (it's pronounced bon-a-wits). I scanned the book once or twice and found some of his ideas quite interesting, especially the theory of teleportation, though I've not quite figured out how it could be put into actual use, as it takes an understanding of the basic laws of the universe that almost nobody has.

Any ideas as to where I could find excerpts from the book, or maybe his website? I Googled it and got only one page, a bookstore that was out of stock. They did have some interesting things to say about Mr. Bonewits though.

Isaac Bonewits is America's first academically accredited magician, graduating in 1970 with a B.A. in magic and thaumaturgy from the University of California at Berkeley

He graduated with a degree in magic?!?!? Only at Berkeley could something like that happen... :rolleyes:

The book was out of print for many years, I was fortunate enough to glance through one of the old copies before it was stolen from the public library (big surprise there). It is curently in print under the name Real Magic or you can do a search with Amazon.com, they should be able to find it for you.

If you scroll down a bit on that page, you find that he also 'translated' Real Magic into a book for pen-and-paper RPG gaming! Kind of shows you how seriously he takes it ;)

Magic colours?

Interesting.

I know only black magic and white magic...
Never heard about yellow magic till now.

Actually, he takes the subject very seriously. He, like many Pagans also has a healthy interest in Role-Playing games. He translated the text of Real Magic to give these games a more realistic magic system, one that adheres to the rules and laws that govern Magick.

Back