Any Odinists Here?

Hapsburg

Hellenistic polytheist
Valued Senior Member
...or are all of ye christians or such?
really, there are not enough Odinists or polytheists around. no diversity...
anyway...any Odinists other than me?
If so, do you think you will go to Valhalla?

*Snickers*
Hapsburg, how old are you?

What is an Odinist?

Loosely, someone who finds a spiritual or moral center in the old Norsk-Germanic worldview. Odinists might use the term to distinguish themselves from neo-pagans or Asatru folk, generally because neo-pagans and Asatru folk are scatterbrained pussies. One might also use the term 'heathen'.

More specifically, an Odinist is one who chooses or finds a special affiliation in the cult of Othin. One might also find special affiliation with Tiw or Frigg or any other Norse God.

His relative popularity is interesting now-adays, in Viking times Odin was not a very popular God. He was too notorious for betraying those most loyal to him.

Last edited:
well, Thorism sounds just plain stupid.
so does friggism...
and tyrism sounds too much like "ter'ism" or "terrorism"...
i prefer Thor as the main man, but Odin is still the Allfather.
and dont make fun of me for my religious beliefs. thats not cool.
moreover, isnt it against the site rules?

oh, and Xev...
cool avatar. the fire-cross....and old buddhist and viking symbol.
before the nazis fucked it up.

Who's making fun of your religious beliefs? I just thought your literalism was cute.
I'm basically an athiest with Norsk traditionalist beliefs. I don't think that I'll literally ride out with the Aesir and Vanir on Ragnarok, but the basic principles are mine.

you snickered at me...
aye...
i'm part of a sect of Norsk that believes that Ragnarok can be prevented.
its an interesting concept:
work together for the betterment of all humans and etc. only by doing this, can ragnarok be prevented, by providing a strong humanity to stop the bits when the shit hits the fan.

in your opinion.
but ragnarok shall happen...
and we faithful will be the only vanguard to stop it.
when it happens, i hope Thor smashes your nonbelieving head.

:D :D
Ah, but my is an educated oppinion. I've been self-studying mythology since the age of 5 or 6.

oh, come on!
tell me you're not that ignorant.
please!
Ragnarok is the end of the world, which happens after three Fimbul Winters and a massive loss of life in war...oh yeah, and big-time moral decay. then the god s fight it out...and the world burns...
why do you believe in god or christianity? same reasons. you just feel it in your veins. im decended from a family of Viking Jarls. therefore, i am a loose believer in the ways of my ancestors. my way of honoring them.

Did you know that the origin of the 'cow's horns' on the Viking helmets was the appearance of Venus above the Eastern and Western horizons over the course of time? Or what is sometimes called the morning and evening star. It's all based on astronomy, just as are all the monotheistic and many of the polytheistic religions.

Hapsburg said:
oh, come on! tell me you're not that ignorant. please!

I'm not sure that an individual who did not know what autism
was should be taking license to call another person ingnorant.

:m: Just a thought.

qwerasdfzxcv, not to be rude, but many members here would look up information on the side before commenting on a thread.

Yea I know diesel. I was just being lazy. Wow, you didn't know what autism is??? and you call me ignorant... im not offended or nething...i just think its kinda funny.

well, if ive never been told what an autism is, how the fuck would i know what it is?
but the whole "end of the world" thing is a common-knoledge legend among psychotic apes (a.k.a homo sapiens)

Ok I have never heard the word Ragnarok before in my life. I'm not trying to say you're ignorant, but I have known about the word autism since I was in 7th grade.

Hey Hapsburg, just curious, does your religion have any teachings or moral codes of conduct of which you must abide, or is it moreso a belief in a pantheon of Gods than anything else?

Also, how exactly do you believe Gotterdammerung/Ragnarok is stopped. I've always thought that it would fall mainly down the Gods et cetera fighting each other that would cause the end of the world, and that human input would have very little to do with it. Also, do you strongly believe in the Gods of this religion? Do you believe in creatures such as Jormungand? Is it your belief that Jormungand is literally in our ocean, or on one of the other nine worlds oceans? Do you believe the same about Loki?

Regards,
WMA

Hapsburg said:
well, if ive never been told what an autism is, how the fuck would i know what it is?
but the whole "end of the world" thing is a common-knoledge legend among psychotic apes (a.k.a homo sapiens)
I see... so you were born knowing this?

Back