Anti - gene discrimination.

sargentlard

Save the whales motherfucker
Valued Senior Member
Lazy and not in mood to post full details but i will expand on it further tommorrow.

The government passed the Anti- gene discrimination bill yesterday with good support from congress. This law (if choosen) would ban Insurance compnaies and medical facilites from excluding patients and clients with certain genes that forbode loss of profits for the companies.

Will expand on it later.

interesting...wouldn't that mean that they also shouldn't allow the insurance companies to do test like measure cholesterol or bloodpressure?

Well, I don't know the details very well, but judging from the short info on that, well, maybe then everyone can get an insurance......
About the tests, I think the 'fear of loss' tests may be removed..

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
interesting...wouldn't that mean that they also shouldn't allow the insurance companies to do test like measure cholesterol or bloodpressure?

No, it's meant to ban eugenics. Like declining Native Americans because they are easily inebriated by alcohol due to their genes.

Originally posted by sargentlard
No, it's meant to ban eugenics. Like declining Native Americans because they are easily inebriated by alcohol due to their genes.

Unrelated question... Have they actually found a gene link to alcoholism? I know it runs in families, but I've been taught that it's simply because we all tend to imitate the behaviors we see at home.

Back