Answers and Objective Truth

wesmorris

Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N
Valued Senior Member
there is truth to the emotion that is the belief in god. the feeling is indeed truth. it is NOT however.... FACT in any more of a sense that the fact that there was an emotional experience. attempts to attach and make assumptions about the factual implications of the stated emotional experience is well, kind of naive and silly.

It would actually I believe be an expression of denial as to the inability to logically solve the problem "why is everything so cool" and "why do I exist" or "why does everything suck" or whatever the subjective fundamental quandry whereby the human brain's ability to provide context for itself bridges the required emotional gaps created by the emotions (which are unquenchable, since the question cannot be logically answered) attached to the questions.

boing.

It would actually I believe be an expression of denial as to the inability to logically solve the problem "why is everything so cool" and "why do I exist" or "why does everything suck" or whatever the subjective fundamental quandry

To ask the question "why" seems rather pointless.

If we were to instead successfully answer the questions, how, what, where and when by way of experiment and observation, they're combined results, being more than the sum of their parts, might answer the question, "why."

Correct but eronious.

You're prolly not gonna believe this, but I didn't create the human mind. It's true, I swear. I'm observing and giving you the results of the observation, you speak of an act of will while I was speaking of properties of consciousness.

I've noticed a few fundamentals aboot conciousness, gross generalities but I believe them to be inherent to the condition of self-awareness:
  • The human mind seeks to find context in which to place its stimulus. That is to say, the mind is perpetually trying to cram stuff into a schema of concepts you've created which only exists within your particular brain. Additionally, and this is experimentally verified by some guy I saw on the science channel: The brain provides/fabricates said context when it cannot make sense of things otherwise. (on a funky note: the path of least resistence regarding thought is exactly to let your brain do its thing, otherwise you have to exert the effort of thought at some or many levels)
  • The human mind, being aware of itself, cannot help but to ponder its creation hence "why is everything so X?" and/or "why am I here?" blah blah etc. The brain attempts to employ its only real tool "thinking" (which may resemble reason if the person is actually mature) to provide "reasonable" (e.g. "whatever will trip that particular brain's trigger to make the answer seem reasonable") explanations such that it can be filed per the prior bullet.
Make sense?

Last edited:
Wow wesmorris, that was an interesting, insightful and inspiring take on the human condition. What a genius. You rock solid bastard, yeah! You explained EVERYTHING and in a way that me and my friends can relate to. You really identify with my subjective plight causing me to both admire you and reciprocate your empathy.... with a vengeance! You go boy!

Wow wesmorris, that was interesting! Your intellectual capacity is only rivaled by your innate ability to translate such complex explanations into layman's terms.

I can tell by your confidence in the face of...well...lack of interest...that you are bound to follow in the footsteps of the great Homer Lea!

Bravo!

Everyone praise wesmorris...or he'll just do it himself!:D

Originally posted by VAKEMP
Wow wesmorris, that was interesting! Your intellectual capacity is only rivaled by your innate ability to translate such complex explanations into layman's terms.

I can tell by your confidence in the face of...well...lack of interest...that you are bound to follow in the footsteps of the great Homer Lea!

Bravo!

Everyone praise wesmorris...or he'll just do it himself!:D

I've got nothing witty. Damnit I'm tapped. I really got a kick out of that though. Laughed my ass off.

Back