Another view.

//drift

I've Seen it. . .It's Rubbish
Registered Senior Member
Curious if anyone knows how common it is to dream from the perspective of another person. I've never had this (and been able to remember it) until a couple of nights ago when I was Steven Hawking. I went with another scientist to a Northern Irish forest to look for a war, and ended up going through a black portal that led me to a tiny bar, where I was young again, and stepped out of my chair, and the perspective switched to that of a nonphysical observer, and I heard Dr Hawking speak, and though 'wow, now I know, it sounds just right'...but now I can't imagine what it was like at all. Other stuff happened. blah blah.
Nothing to do with the question.

I don't know how common it is. But I know that often I am watching myself doing things in my dream. And every once in a while I am another person...not someone I know, but I am a character that is not myself.

I've dreampt that I am Maxwell, and that I hit people over the head with a little hammer with a Buddy Holly-inspired song playing in the background. Also, sometimes I'll be a walrus, and some guy with a distorted voice (like he's on the other end of a phone) will say "goo goo ku joog, goo goo ku joog a joog."

edit: I've never dreampt either of those things. I just wanted to say that I did. Now life is complete.

I was Harrison Ford last night, there was an abondoned mansion in the Himalayahs filled with survivors from an aeroplane crash. Then a black ops team came in and wiped half of them out... :confused: :D

I have had dreams from the 3rd person POV.
I have also switched POV's back and forth between different characters in the same dream.
Those aren't very often.

However, my dreams are from another person's POV often.
Perhaps even more often than from my own.

Ive had dreams where I was the opposite sex, in ancient Greece; and I've been a detective and a killer and many people at once. Ive also been animals (like, once I was sniffing another poodle, and she was light beige and I was all dark and handsome). Ive had very few of those dreams and I havent heard such things related by others I know, so I'll suggest they're rare.

I would sure like to know what they mean though.

Aherm...I have had dreams were i was the little Mermaid and i was trapped in the swirling vortex that was made by the sea witch. I usally have this dream in hotels, feeling sick. I only had them when i was younger though. I dont seem to have them anymore. Now, all I do is dream about the Little Mermaid herself:D :D ;).

-Guyute

Back