Another Question! Help!!

mean_sofia89

Registered Member
I have a question:

Why is a mutation in a person’s ovary or testis more likely to cause harmful effects than a mutation in one of their other cells?

//thanks

I have a question:

Why is a mutation in a person’s ovary or testis more likely to cause harmful effects than a mutation in one of their other cells?

//thanks

mods? inappropriate? Maybe im going out on a limb here but I can only conclude that with 3 total posts your only reason for posting is to answer homework questions....

I do believe it is ok to ask questions but are you merely lookin for answers or are you making an honest attempt at learning something?

Last edited:
You need to think about what the ovary and testis produce, and the meanings of the terms “germline cell” and “somatic cell”.

What happens to the daughter cells that arise from cell division in the testis/ovary? What happens to the daughter cells that arise from cell division of a skin cell on your arm?

mods? inappropriate? Maybe im going out on a limb here but I can only conclude that with 3 total posts your only reason for posting is to answer homework questions....

I do believe it is ok to ask questions but are you merely lookin for answers or are you making an honest attempt at learning something?

So what if it is a homework question... Inapproproate? what are you talking about? It's just a simple question, either you answer it or you don't.

Do a search. You'll find all the information you need. You will also find it will benefit you in the long run to do your own homework.

Back