Another Attempt at Debunking Judeo-Christianity

Silicon Intelligence

Registered Member
Greetings,

Professor John Hartung got his Ph.D. in Anthropology from Harvard University, he is currently an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at the State University of New York, and is the Associate Editor of the Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology. His publications are in medicine and social science.

Professor Hartung has studied the history of Judeo-Christianity and has many "debunking" comments to make, such as the original religious texts and how many unappealing messages were intentionally hidden when translated into other languages. For example, the original Old Testament supported polytheism, genocide of all non-Jews, and many other aspects that are hidden from contemporary Christianity. Anyway, here is his research: http://members.aol.com/toexist/ I would suggest reading everything on this site because it all links together.

Regards.

I am no stranger to what he tells us about biblical doctrine. like all patriarchal doctrine it is toxic

but what i find so sad is that people calling themselves a-theists and exposing patriarchal dogma like the Bible fail to see the ludicrous conclusions THEy them selves come out with. like where he asserts in his intro that 'life has no meaning...as nothing has any meaning'

Bolloks
for him maybe. and i feel sad for him that he feels that way. but what he fails to see is that life IS MEANING....PROFOUND meaning

you see, what athiestas do is this. they reject a pseudo 'God', and i dont blame them, but from there they ASSUME that that psedo god and its pseudo religion is what meant spirituality, and meaning. but it ISN'T. it is only a small portion of our species' history. The patriarchal belief systems have very much distorted meaning, and impoverished us in an extremely abusive way. so much so that people that reject all that suddely latch onto mechanistic science which itself preaches what he dogmatizes--that there is no meaning

dig? are you feeling me?

Silicon Intelligence said:
Greetings,

Professor John Hartung got his Ph.D. in Anthropology from Harvard University, he is currently an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology at the State University of New York, and is the Associate Editor of the Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology. His publications are in medicine and social science.

It seems that trashing Religion is not anything close to any area of his expertise. Throwing poop at God just seems to be his hobby.

I don't like it when people on either side of the equation start off with a long list of evidence of their credentials as a "rational" person. The fact that this guy started off as an anthropologist and then went onto anaesthesiology and neurology does not make his views on Bible scholarship any more valid. Either his veiws are valid and justifiable, or they are not - in any case you should not be swaying those so inclined to believe so-called "authority figures" in advance with a blinding list of qualifications, unless they are relevant to the matter in hand.

duendy said:
but what i find so sad is that people calling themselves a-theists and exposing patriarchal dogma like the Bible fail to see the ludicrous conclusions THEy them selves come out with. like where he asserts in his intro that 'life has no meaning...as nothing has any meaning'

Bolloks
for him maybe. and i feel sad for him that he feels that way. but what he fails to see is that life IS MEANING....PROFOUND meaning
Word to that!
duendy said:
you see, what athiestas do is this. they reject a pseudo 'God', and i dont blame them, but from there they ASSUME that that psedo god and its pseudo religion is what meant spirituality, and meaning. but it ISN'T.
What I find more often is believers who think that atheists are totally without feelings about the wonderful beauty of the Universe, or totally without a moral touchstone of any sort, and yet there is no evidence of atheists being greater crime-committers.

Back