Androgen insensitivity syndrome

shorty_37

Go! Canada Go!
Registered Senior Member
I have never heard about this before :shrug: so I thought I would post it.

This woman found out she had Man's Dna. Her Dna says she is a man because she has XY chromosomes instead of XX which women have.

Apparently there are about 7500 women who have this in the US.

Complete AIS (CAIS): completely female body except no uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries; testes in the abdomen; minimal androgenic (pubic or axillary) hair at puberty.

Adult women with CAIS tend to be taller than average, primarily because of their later timing of puberty. Breast development is said to be average to above average. Lack of responsiveness to androgen prevents some usual female adult hair development, including pubic, axillary, upper lip. In contrast, head hair remains fuller than average, without recession of scalp or thinning with age. Shallowness of the vagina varies and may or may not lead to mechanical difficulties during coitus. Although the testes develop fairly unexceptionally before puberty if not removed, the testes in adults with CAIS become increasingly distinctive, with unusual spermatogenic cells and no spermatogenesis.

Here is the video of her explaining how she found out.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=9194187

Last edited:
I believe Jamie Lee Curtis has a similar condition where genetically she is "male". I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember it being mentioned in one of my genetics lectures back in the day.

I believe Jamie Lee Curtis has a similar condition where genetically she is "male". I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember it being mentioned in one of my genetics lectures back in the day.

If this is true then she wouldn't have kids right? Because they said that women who have this syndrome have no uterus attached to their vagina.

Last edited:

It is an unsubstantiated rumor that she is an CAIS woman. One site I read about this said that the rumor has been around for quite a few years, but the name of the actress changes.

CAIS women are never fertile.

Back