Ancestors burying statues? why?

viky1147

Registered Member
Hi guys,
am from south india. here i have seen many times and also heard stories that when people was working underground near temples they get some olden statues. researchers says that they belong to 18th century 17th century like that. people amaze that statue. they keep it build a temple for it and worshiping it

my question is. if that statue is to be worshiped why should they bury it in ancient times?

hope i get some answers

Same reason a dog buries a bone to find it later and be happy all over again. Im guessing it has something to do with reincarnation.

Reincarnation? Statue's reincarnate?

buddy buddy buddy! just chill. i want the reason behind it. why are kings and artisans burying it while they can destroy it?

Hi guys,
am from south india. here i have seen many times and also heard stories that when people was working underground near temples they get some olden statues. researchers says that they belong to 18th century 17th century like that. people amaze that statue. they keep it build a temple for it and worshiping it

my question is. if that statue is to be worshiped why should they bury it in ancient times?

hope i get some answers
maybe not so much in south india but in other parts it was a standard practice when muslims were on the rampage

People have been known to bury their money. They bury their valuables so others don't steal them.

And do we know they buried it on purpose? Could it have been covered up during a flood?

Some societies believe that their relatives are still around and want to appease their spirits by paying respect to it not actually worshiping it as you say.

Reincarnation? Statue's reincarnate?

buddy buddy buddy! just chill. i want the reason behind it. why are kings and artisans burying it while they can destroy it?

No souls reincarnate. It was just a thought. Im not sure on the answer. Why do you see significance in this topic, maybe I can help.

Back