An LISP programmers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

visible

Registered Member
The subject says it all. I'm a Cog. Sci. student and I've been programming in LISP for about a year and have taken two AI courses in LISP. Anyways, just wondering who's out there and what their doing. Later. :)

Yeah, I'm into Lisp. I'm not doing anything with it currently, but I'll probably be using it in my thesis in evolutionary computation. Working on anything interesting in cog sci?

malkiri said:
Yeah, I'm into Lisp. I'm not doing anything with it currently, but I'll probably be using it in my thesis in evolutionary computation. Working on anything interesting in cog sci?

I'm not really working on anything at the moment, just hanging out this summer. I finished writing a connect four game about a month ago, nothing special. It just uses a min-max algorithm with alpha-beta pruning. It can go to a depth of 5 decently. I was thinking about moving on and working on a chess program maybe. But my true passion is with language. I wrote my final research paper over natural language programming last semester. Language is what I'm focusing on in cog sci. So are you working on genetic algorithms then?

scheme here. The language is really a bore and not at all that effective as it is fucking tedious

Learn prolog.

Yeah, more or less. Evolutionary computation is a broader term that includes genetic algorithms. I haven't yet decided on a specific topic.

thefountainhed: What do you mean by "not all that effective"? Effective at what? I agree that it takes a little getting used to, but after some practice it becomes easier.

scheme here. The language is really a bore and not at all that effective as it is fucking tedious Learn prolog.
Yep.PROLOG is cool.Simple,easy to learn.

bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back