An Imaginary Hyperdimension

Reiku

Banned
Banned
What is this bubble of existence we come to observe, but never physically enter? Our brain upon a measurement tentively flickers throughout all possibilities before one actually emerges. This is the principle of consciousness.

The ''we'' and ''I'' factor is undeniably non-material, yet we somehow emerge as a holographic representation of some information embedded into the human psyche and material brain. By taking images of the outside world, the single photon collapses into a series of chemical changes in the retina. The changes include a cis-retinal transforming into a trans-retinal, exciting protiens and electrolytes, it send this information through the nervous system in a series of electrical shocks, sent to the brain, where somehow it is transformed into this three-dimensional world, and one sense of time comes into existence.

If this is true, then consciousness is ''NOT'' linked to the outside world like we might have thought, but must still follow quantum rules. So if we are reducing reality, the rules of quantum state that a collapse must occur. But since there is no direct physical combination between observation and consciousness, even though there are statistical changes, we must then assume that the border where the neural network configurates a two-dimensional image into a three-dimensional phenomenon must also abide by quantum rules.

For any system built up on statistical averages, even a brain with about $$10^{7}$$ particles, must when getting the information about the outside world, collapse it into a state which can be interpreted as one image. This collapse of the wave function must resemble something which had to choose from an infinite amount of states for it to proceed.

So one can say that the observations we make, must be collected individual measurements in momentary fleeting flashes of perception from an infinite amount of states that could be chosen until a single collapse occurs in the brain. Some have hypothesized that a single thought might be equivalant to a single atomic collapse, but there is always the consideration that entire sweeps of particles all collapsing into a single state is also highly likely, considering we have the momentary flashing of brain waves, such as Alpha Waves and Beta Waves, but we can also measure thought fluctuations.

So, even though a great amount of photons tend to bundle together, the cancelling effect of pauli's Exclusionary Principle which controls the electrons inside my head, are somehow giving rise to some type of electromagnetically-induced consciousness. Strange how a rule that destroys symmetry, is in fact a cause for consciousness.

But i think, before anyone tries to understand what fundamental processes make consciousness real, we first need to understand whether consciousness -- this holographic world i see -- is in fact some kind of extra, imaginary dimension of spacetime. (It might even be time itself, as some physicists have proclaimed.) Given that it might be an extension to special relativity, defining Minkowski's Spacetime $$(0,0,0,1)$$, and knowing an extra dimension can be added onto it, $$i^2+(0,0,0,1)$$, one can devise equations that can describe an extra dimension which is ''not'' relativistic in nature. It can be a static realm, and this i thought was the most plausible type of dimension required for consciousness (1). By saying it was a time dimension that was static, helped a lot.

Taking this for real, then how does this change the theory? The answer i think is that there might be some kind of statistical and physical effect on the world from having ''this static side'' to it. What does it even mean to have a static componant? Usually, it's like envisioning a constant communication between two bodies that have an equilibrium. That might mean that the static componants of the time/mind dimension could have series implications for pscyhophysics, concerning a wide range of mental phenomena.

Dr. Wolf has even postulated that the mind is influenced by the Uncertainty Principle inherent in all quantum matter, where ħ plays a part in the uncertainty principle. Given a large number of particles prepared in the same state, position ∆x and momentum ∆p uncertainty obey, ∆x∆p≥½ħ, he has postulated that there somehow gives rise to consciousness from this chaos. He has often described the mind as some kind of superdimension, inextricable linked to time and space. Even one wise physicist once said, ''the stuff of the world is mind stuff.'' -- this was A. Eddington.

The mind is a dimension. Whether it is actually linked to space and time is still indecided. But it seems really plausible, since we also experience a time, and we also observe space, and matter-energy of course. It is even energy that gives rise to mind.

(1) - $$a^{2}+b^{2}+c^{2}+tdi^{2}-Tdi^{2}$$
Let $$i^{2}=i*k^{2}$$
Then the real part would be
$$a^{2}+b^{2}+c^{2}-i^{2}*k^{2}^{2}=0$$
which simplifies to:
$$a^{2}+b^{2}+c^{2}+k2^{2}=0$$
The only solution is $$a=b=c=k^{2}=0$$
Here is where we can use the idea that the mind is time and we can say it in this fasion, or work with only $$(0,0,0,1i)$$.

Last edited:
We can already mathematically study particles quite well. We can even map the atom (but not entirely, because of quantum uncertainty... you just can't pin an electron down to accurately). We must also assume that information exhange between molecules, atoms, and even through the Casimir Effect, energy is alwats conserved in a time $$0<t<r/c$$

Like all types of conservation, there may even be a transfer of information... a stored type of memory in loads of zero's and one's. In more advanced computers, scientists have been using entangled particles to transfer information much quicker, $$1/{sqrt}2(|01><|10)$$, even a thing being used in high-security banks and Federal systems, it has been postulated by Penrose, and others, that quantum entanglement might be useful in a model of consciousness... but he clearly states that no theory can fully answer for the phenomenon of consciousness. In the brain again, when one particle is determined, the other particles condition of spin is also instantaneously determined $$(x,y=½+x,y=-½=0)$$ in the Exclusionary Principle. Tiny electrons are vibrating a message in some kind of quantum morse code throughout the structure of the brain.

In Special Relativity, the observer also plays a relative part... and in some sense, makes realtivity observer-dependant.

Wild claim? Einstein may have known it subliminally, but his special theory of relativity made distance and speed observer-dependant from a relative concept. Take this for instance; one example of Length Contraction is given by the pole-barn paradox. This is where a pole is traveling through space, and is physically contracted. If the pole is larger than the barn to begin with, and now it is shorter because of length contraction it can fit in the barn. Paradox is, how can a pole larger than the barn be length contracted so that it fits as it passes by? In this next set of equations, we work with a pole traveling through space which has a proper length of $$20$$ meters. An observer moving at a speed $$v = 0.98$$ $$c$$ will experience a contraction as shown:

$$L_{0}=20m$$
$$L=L_{0}(1-v2/c2)1/2$$
$$=20.1-(0.98)2x1/2$$
$$=3.98m$$

If an object is accelerating through spacetime, it will experience a time warp. This is also been known to be called time dilation. If we experience time warps, then according to relativity this must also mean space warps.

We don’t experience space warps so much because we move so fast through time. In fact, we spend more time in the time dimension than we do in space. The time dilation formula is given as $$∆t=∆t0/(1-v2/c2)frac{1}{2}$$

In interpreting the equation, $$a^{2}+b^{2}+c^{2}+tdi^{2}-Tdi^{2}$$, where $$Tdi^{2}=0$$ is extra ''static time dimension,'' we can now treat it as a vector of spacetime... But that isn't it. One can realize that any perception of time [as we know it] -- which is purely subliminal -- is truely a product of the mind. Special Relativity, as Dr. Wolf informs us in his book, Parallel Universes, is observer-dependant from a relative sense. He also mentions how time is somehow what we know as the mind -- and is a recurring thought among scientists.

By cutting that equation down to $$a=b=c=k^{2}=0$$ describes the real factor of the equation, but we can say it is some type of indication that it has similar properties to that of a normal vector of space or time. So in a really strange sense, we can extend the matrix of spacetime,

n=
$$0001i$$
$$001i0$$
$$01i00$$
$$1i000$$

It would become a five-dimensional vector. But if the extension is too intimidating, there is the other solution following what i mentioned as $$(0,0,0,1i)$$ which treats time as the imaginary dimension of the mind.

The imaginal dimension is taken very seriously by many physicists working in psychophysics. Physicists such as Prof. Amit Goswami, Dr. Penrose and Dr. Wolf, to mention a few. But Bohr might have also believed in such a notion through his own hypothesis that the universe was observer-dependant.

Last edited:
defining Minkowski's Spacetime $$(0,0,0,1)$$
This is not a description of a particular kind of space-time, it's just a vector. (0,0,0,1) can be in any kind of space-time. It's a valid vector in Euclidean 4d space too.
and knowing an extra dimension can be added onto it, $$i^2+(0,0,0,1)$$
You cannot ad a scalar and a vector.
]e can extend the matrix of spacetime,

n=
$$0001i$$
$$001i0$$
$$01i00$$
$$1i000$$

It would become a five-dimensional vector.
You mean 'metric', not 'matrix'. Also, that's not a valid metric. A metric must be symmetric, which means it must have a square matrix representation. In other words it needs, at the very least, to be an n by n matrix. Your expression is 5x4. So it cannot be a metric,

You simply do not learn do you? You talk about Minkowski space-time but you've obviously not actually spent any time learning about such things.

You must really enjoy wasting your life.

Last edited:
Waisting my time? The only difference between a vector and a scaler, is that a vector has a directionality. The imaginary dimension might have a directionality. Plus, vectors and scalars are used together all the time, for instance, the magnitude of a vector is a scalar.

Besides... this is what is important to note:

''Wild claim? Einstein may have known it subliminally, but his special theory of relativity made distance and speed observer-dependant from a relative concept.''

It is special relativity that introduced the notion of an extra dimension. If special relativity is observer-dependant, and the observer expereiences her own spacetime dimension of perception, then it might be used as another vector of spacetime, or just added onto the one imaginary dimension.

Plus, vectors and scalars are used together all the time, for instance, the magnitude of a vector is a scalar.
Swing and a miss.

You can relate scalar quantities to vectors but you cannot add a scalar and a vector. What is (a,b) + 5? (a,b) + (A,B) is easy, you have (a+A,b+B), but you cannot add a scalar, like 5, to a vector, like (a,b).

And is there a reason you ignored my comment about metrics? I guess you couldn't think of a half arsed come back or be man enough to say "You're right, I was wrong".
It is special relativity that introduced the notion of an extra dimension. If special relativity is observer-dependant, and the observer expereiences her own spacetime dimension of perception, then it might be used as another vector of spacetime, or just added onto the one imaginary dimension.
That doesn't mean that i + (a,b,cd) is valid. (0,0,0,0,i) + (a,b,c,d,0) is valid.

Besides, the space-time in relativity is real. A complex manifold is quite difference, because it has additional global symmetries. Specifically, it has a well defined global notion of holomorphic and antiholomorphic coordinates. You can locally define such things on a manifold with even dimensions, but this just means all even dimensional manifolds are 'almost complex', not 'complex'.

I can go into details if you wish but I suspect that your grasp of vectors is so poor that even that short paragraph has sailed over your head.

Actually, I don't suspect. I know.

But you say spacetime in relativity is real. This is also true. But when an observer is involved, we can move through an imaginary dimension. This is why the time dimension could be the one related $$(0,0,0,1i)$$

Back