An Eternal God Is Not Finished Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Volont

Registered Senior Member
Atheists are a lot like lawyers. Rather than appreciating any degree of intellectual honesty, they only look about to find particular viewpoints that favor their interested position... in this case, their emotional predelection.

While every Atheist constantly hammers on the Absolute Qualities that God is supposed to possess in regards to All Knowingness and being All Powerful, they ignore that God is also supposed to be Absolutely Eternal.

You see, they can blame God for not doing enough while he is supposed to be all powerful. As being All Knowing, God should be expected to Know what to do.

But all the while Atheists ignore the Eternal part of the Grand Equation.

Now, of course we can excuse all stupid atheists. But the smart Atheists know that they are hiding what they cannot answer for.

You see, an Eternal God can never be expected to be FINISHED. When will God be able to exercise All Power? -- at the end of Forever. When will God Know All Things? Well, again, at the End of Forever.

Perhaps the Atheists can appreciate the Irony in this, that God in being placed along a Time Line toward His Absolute Perfection, is participating in Evolution, just the same as anything else.

Now, I don't wish to be too smuggly simplistic here. As any Mystical Philosopher would insist, on the Transcendental Mystical Level... at some separate and perfectly ethereal plane, there, God is already perfect. But what Atheists complain of is that God's Universe is flawed. Well, my point there is that God has an Eternity to fix that shit, and no intelligent and thoughtful Atheist really has any room to complain about it.

No Mystic has ever come back from his God Realization Experience complaining of any deficiencies. so in this regards we know that where God has been able, over time, to assert full control, things ARE perfect.

The problem then is with that which resists the perfecting influences of God. Atheists, then, are much of the problem they complain about. They bitch that God allows no good pieces of shit to stain the face of the Universe, while they themselves... well, you get my point. If they would clean themselves up, they would go a great way toward losing their own argument.

But I shouldn't exaggerate here. Perfection does require some evolution. It takes generations to make significant improvements. I studied Saints, and perhaps the only thing they all have in common is that they came from more than several generations of very righteous people.

It reminds me of a joke I heard. A mild mannered and frail intellectual approached a weight lifter body builder and asked him how long it would take to achieve such a muscular body. The weight lifter told him "3 Generations".

As God is Eternal we should all appreciate that even for an All Powerful God, perfection takes Time.

So, your argument rests on the fact that atheists ascribe qualities to God, without realising that you are creating a straw man by attributing attitudes to atheists.

btw, if God is eternal, he's already had an eternity to 'fix that shit', eternity works backwards, as well as forwards, you know, so the wheels rather come off your argument right there.

But still, thanks for playing.

btw, if God is eternal, he's already had an eternity to 'fix that shit', eternity works backwards, as well as forwards, you know, so the wheels rather come off your argument right there.

Huh? How does that make any sense? Eternity ain't done yet ...ain't got nothin' to do with what's happened in the past ...there's still an eternity to go.

Baron Max

My argument against God isn't that His universe is imperfect, it's that He is unnecessary as an explanatory tool.

Leo,

You see, an Eternal God can never be expected to be FINISHED. When will God be able to exercise All Power? -- at the end of Forever. When will God Know All Things? Well, again, at the End of Forever.
You have provoked an interesting observation. Since the end of forever can never be reached, i.e. infinity has no boundary, and hence it is impossible to get there, then neither can a god.

So we can safely conclude that an omnisicient god is an impossibility because it can never observe the boundaries of infinite time and hence cannot know everything.

Yet another nail in the coffin for the definitions of gods.

god is a perfect being that is expanding. like the universe that has no boundaries, yet it's expanding. that you are expanding doesn't mean you are incomplete, it means that you are infinite.

So we can safely conclude that an omnisicient god is an impossibility because it can never observe the boundaries of infinite time and hence cannot know everything.

if god was omniscient, he would know his own actions, so he would have no free will.

but god doesn't need to know everything because there is nothing to know because socrates said: all i know is that i know nothing.

My argument against God isn't that His universe is imperfect, it's that He is unnecessary as an explanatory tool.

But that neither proves nor disproves anything. Humans don't know everything, so that's just one more of millions of things they don't know ....even if it's "...they don't know yet."

Spider, all this that we think of as "reality" might just well be God thinking about what to do and how to do it so it's best for us all. He hasn't worked out all the possiblities yet. I.e., we ain't even here yet! :D

Baron Max

Baron,

But that neither proves nor disproves anything. Humans don't know everything, so that's just one more of millions of things they don't know ....even if it's "...they don't know yet."
But spider's point was that a god is not necessary. The only reason the god cocnept exists is that ancient people could not see how things could be the way they were without such magical entities. We know better now and can generate explanations that are far more credible.

The issue should be not so much that we do not know that a god exists but why should anyone persist in even speculating about such an absurd unecessary fantasy.

As God is Eternal we should all appreciate that even for an All Powerful God, perfection takes Time.

There isn't a platform for preaching available here. Thread closed.

If anyone has issues with that or would like to petition to have the thread reopened, please send me a PM that successfully argues that this isn't "preaching" or "proselytizing" per the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back