an email i got

scifes

In withdrawal.
Valued Senior Member
as received:

ALLAH'S PLANS

Some things are beyond planning.
And life doesn't always turn out as planned.
You don't plan for a broken heart.
You don't plan for an autistic child.
You don't plan for spinsterhood.
You don't plan for a lump in your breast.

You plan to be young forever.
You plan to climb the corporate ladder.
You plan to be rich and powerful.
You plan to be acclaimed and successful.
You plan to conquer the universe.
You plan to fall in love - and be loved forever.

You don't plan to be sad.
You don't plan to be hurt.
You don't plan to be broke.
You don't plan to be betrayed.
You don't plan to be alone in this world.
You plan to be happy.
You don't plan to be shattered .

Sometimes if you work hard enough, you can get what you want. But MOST times, what you want and what you get are two different things.

We, mortals, plan. But so does Allah (SWT) in the heavens. Sometimes, it is difficult to understand Allah's plans especially when His plans are not in consonance with ours .

Often, when He sends us crisis, we turn to Him in anger. True, we cannot choose what Allah wishes us to carry, but we can carry it with courage knowing that He will never abandon us nor send something we cannot cope with .

Sometimes, Allah breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes, He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, He allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, Allah sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, He allows illness so we can take better care of ourselves.
And sometimes, Allah takes everything away from us so we can learn the
value of everything He gave us

Make plans, but understand that we live by Allah's grace.

Although they plan, Allah also plans. And Allah is the Best of Planners.
[Holy Qur'an 8:30]

Sometimes, Allah breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes, He allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, Allah sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, He allows illness so we can take better care of ourselves.
And sometimes, Allah takes everything away from us so we can learn the
value of everything He gave us

The message is this: When Allah treats us like shit then He is being nice.

This is just an elaborate explanation for why evil exists. If Allah is all powerful, he could have "saved our souls", "made us stronger", "made us whole", etc., directly.

you hear that from kids being forced to school, eat spinach, brush their teeth, etc...
until they grow up, but then again, some don't.

As I said to LG, quit trying to change the subject back to me. This is about an e-mail and its contents. Plus it's lame, at least inject some humor in it.

But you did fall into the trap. My interpretation was meant to disparage your God. But according to the e-mail Allah allowed me to do this and you, the one who took offence to it, did not gain any respectable traits nor did you benefit from it. You chose to insult me and by doing so ignored your own thread's message.

True, we cannot choose what Allah wishes us to carry, but we can carry it with courage knowing that He will never abandon us nor send something we cannot cope with .

You'll need to do better. Allah was tapping you right in the forehead and you missed it.

When people come preaching to me, I can get irritated very easily by their arrogance in claiming to know something fundamental about the universe, based solely on some gut feeling or lifelong indoctrination. On the other hand, I have no problem with people expressing their views for or against religion/spirituality, as long as they don't expect me to submit to personal impressions lacking any substantive evidence.

I have a lot of Muslim friends and colleagues at school, and on occasion we'll discuss these sorts of views. I'm always the first to argue that the existence of evil isn't proof a god couldn't exist (there could be evil gods), and it doesn't even disprove the existence of a benevolent god (if there is such a being, why would us puny humans have any clue about how our experiences are supposed to fit into the big picture?). Besides, how good would "good" feel, if there was nothing against which we could contrast it?

I say if it makes you happy and doesn't cause harm to others, more power to you and your religious beliefs/lack thereof.

RE: "ALLAH'S" PLANS

:roflmao:

If you can read that poem and not see that it's clearly a copy of a Christian poem then you'd have to be blind and daft OR a Muslim. Because just like the Qur'an is a poorly plagerized Bible with some Arab mythology and deification of Mohammad mixed in - this is equally authentic Islamic literature. :p

Here's the entire poem: Inspirational Bible verses and short stories of Live Changing events

God's Plan

You don't plan for a failed business venture.
You don't plan for an adulterous husband
or a wife who wants you out of her life.

You plan to be happy. You don't plan to be shattered.
Sometimes if you work hard enough, you can get what you want.

But MOST times, what you want and what you get are two different things.

We, mortals, plan. But so does God in the heavens.
Sometimes, it is difficult to understand God's plans especially when His plans are not in consonance with ours.
Often, when God sends us crisis, we turn to Him in anger.
True, we cannot choose the cross that God wishes us to carry,
but we can carry that cross with courage knowing that God will never abandon us nor send something we cannot cope with.

Sometimes, God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes, God allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, God sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, God allows illness so we can take better care of ourselves.
Sometimes, God takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything He gave us.

Make plans, but understand that we live by God's grace.

Classic "Islamic" literature for sure :blbl:

Last edited:
This is just an elaborate explanation for why evil exists. If Allah is all powerful, he could have "saved our souls", "made us stronger", "made us whole", etc., directly.
yeah he could, so?
As I said to LG, quit trying to change the subject back to me. This is about an e-mail and its contents. Plus it's lame, at least inject some humor in it.
i personally favor most of LG's posts over yours, it doesn't mean i hate you, nor that none of your posts are good, but yeah, speaking of changing the subject..

But you did fall into the trap. My interpretation was meant to disparage your God. But according to the e-mail Allah allowed me to do this and you, the one who took offence to it, did not gain any respectable traits nor did you benefit from it. You chose to insult me and by doing so ignored your own thread's message.
???????
i insulted you?

You'll need to do better. Allah was tapping you right in the forehead and you missed it.
oh, aha, i seeee...:m:

When people come preaching to me, I can get irritated very easily by their arrogance in claiming to know something fundamental about the universe, based solely on some gut feeling or lifelong indoctrination. On the other hand, I have no problem with people expressing their views for or against religion/spirituality, as long as they don't expect me to submit to personal impressions lacking any substantive evidence.

I have a lot of Muslim friends and colleagues at school, and on occasion we'll discuss these sorts of views. I'm always the first to argue that the existence of evil isn't proof a god couldn't exist (there could be evil gods), and it doesn't even disprove the existence of a benevolent god (if there is such a being, why would us puny humans have any clue about how our experiences are supposed to fit into the big picture?). Besides, how good would "good" feel, if there was nothing against which we could contrast it?

I say if it makes you happy and doesn't cause harm to others, more power to you and your religious beliefs/lack thereof.
kudos to you, respect and be respected.

RE: "ALLAH'S" PLANS

:roflmao:
and here's the other one..

If you can read that poem and not see that it's clearly a copy of a Christian poem then you'd have to be blind and daft OR a Muslim.
nope am a muslim.
are you blind and daft or an atheist?

Because just like the Qur'an is a poorly plagerized Bible with some Arab mythology and deification of Mohammad mixed in - this is equally authentic Islamic literature.
ok i'm starting to worry here..you seem to have some ambulances upstairs..
plagiarized? proof? you know the "similarities" are actually considered proof of it "overwriting" the bible? eh kiddo?
arab mythology? deification? you had breakfast michael? suffering from a hangover?
and the cherry on top of the cake, this email is authentic islamic literature?
i mean wtf?
what are you man?
Here's the entire poem: Inspirational Bible verses and short stories of Live Changing events

God's Plan

You don't plan for a failed business venture.
You don't plan for an adulterous husband
or a wife who wants you out of her life.

You plan to be happy. You don't plan to be shattered.
Sometimes if you work hard enough, you can get what you want.

But MOST times, what you want and what you get are two different things.

We, mortals, plan. But so does God in the heavens.
Sometimes, it is difficult to understand God's plans especially when His plans are not in consonance with ours.
Often, when God sends us crisis, we turn to Him in anger.
True, we cannot choose the cross that God wishes us to carry,
but we can carry that cross with courage knowing that God will never abandon us nor send something we cannot cope with.

Sometimes, God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes, God allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, God sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, God allows illness so we can take better care of ourselves.
Sometimes, God takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything He gave us.

Make plans, but understand that we live by God's grace.
the poem has an identical christian pair which, is that what you're trying to say?

Classic "Islamic" literature for sure :blbl:
you're crazy..
at least you're enjoying it.

the poem has an identical christian pair which, is that what you're trying to say?
You don't see the irony? It's hilarious. Plagiarize some Christians poem, then remove the bits about the Cross and insert the word Allah and claim it was "inspirational" and you instantly have any classic peace of Islamic literature. As exemplified here in on this thread or the Qur'an. It's exactly the same.

Oh and scifes, if there really is no Allah, what does THAT say about Mohammad as a person? Just where did he get his "inspiration" huh?

Plagerization - a sub-category of lying.

i personally favor most of LG's posts over yours.

I have no doubt about that.

Tough isn't it? You thought you had injected this sorry lot with some Muslim pearls of wisdom but wouldn't you know, some other religion had it before you.

How do you feel about making a gaffe, especially when the wolves are ready to pounce on every weakness?

Better yet, does it not make you stop and wonder why you're a Muslim and not some other religion's spokesperson? I mean, do you not pause after something like this and doubt your sources, the very people who indoctrinated you? Don't you question your own psychological makeup and of those who continue to believe the way you do? I know I would.

Open your eyes man, there's a world out here and like it or not God is only a belief, that's all. Everything else is window dressing. No belief should rule your life. Yes God is or no God isn't, that's all anyone can say.

You don't see the irony? It's hilarious. Plagiarize some Christians poem, then remove the bits about the Cross and insert the word Allah and claim it was "inspirational" and you instantly have any classic peace of Islamic literature. As exemplified here in on this thread or the Qur'an. It's exactly the same.

Oh and scifes, if there really is no Allah, what does THAT say about Mohammad as a person? Just where did he get his "inspiration" huh?

Plagerization - a sub-category of lying.
you're just something else..in your own bubble screen where you see what you like and spout what you want, you don't even raise to the level of being requested for proof for what you're saying, i can hammer you in several ways, none of which is worth my time.
proof it's originally christian and not islamic.
where did i claim it was inspirational?
who said this is a classic "peace" of islamic literature?
how does this thread exemplify anything on the quran?

:confused:
I have no doubt about that.

Tough isn't it? You thought you had injected this sorry lot with some Muslim pearls of wisdom but wouldn't you know, some other religion had it before you.
muslim pearls of wisdom are way above the level of many people here, i'm a mechanical engineering student, with no philosophy or heavy islamic background, and i can weight the amount of "damage" i'm doing here.
you have no freaking idea what true islamic wisdom is like.
what the islamic nation produced in the european dark ages, books which were standardly taught in universities for 8 centuries, more than 8 lifetimes of people like yourself. books of philosophy and skepticism you would barely comprehend in their original format..heh you see in the debunking thread, i said i bought a book that deals with the issue, you know what? it was useless for me, it was too deep and detailed and discussing matters of controversary you don't even have the knowledge required to understand, here we're only discussing the basics of how to open such books, how to lift the cover and hold the book right side up, and you're having problems with that, then you say "muslim pearls of wisdom".. don't make me laugh, i speak mainly for myself here, and i know i'm not anywhere near of giving any pearls of wisdom whatsoever, and when i do give something i'm proud of, i say so, i don't label it "an email i got", and set a declaimer "as received" in the beginning.

or am i too formidable for you to face me head on matters i focus on so you can't pass by the opportunity to "pounce" on a side-tossed leftover dish like this?

How do you feel about making a gaffe, especially when the wolves are ready to pounce on every weakness?
wolves don't pounce on gaffes..

Better yet, does it not make you stop and wonder why you're a Muslim and not some other religion's spokesperson?
been there done that.
I mean, do you not pause after something like this and doubt your sources, the very people who indoctrinated you?
i doubted every email i've got since i based my glass ants claim on one.
why this thread isn't dead yet has made me pause and wonder...
Don't you question your own psychological makeup and of those who continue to believe the way you do? I know I would.
been there done that, i was always a practical person, i was lucky to start my skeptical journey with a knowledge base of the right choice, you were not; combined with your laziness, you've stopped dead in your tracks on the rails of a train, and you're now just waiting for it.

Open your eyes man, there's a world out here and like it or not God is only a belief, that's all. Everything else is window dressing. No belief should rule your life. Yes God is or no God isn't, that's all anyone can say.
our life is rules by beliefs, some are practical others are not.
some are smart some are not.

RE: "true Islamic wisdom"

Oh enlightened one, please share some "true Islamic wisdom" that wasn't plagereized from some other person's belief system.

PS: I still find it hilarious that scifes posted a poorly plagiarized slightly modified Christian poem - one could say: "true Islamic wisdom"! I'm sure the Qur'an was it's inspiration for sure.

LOL
:p

wolves don't pounce on gaffes..

I didn't say giraffes

i'm a mechanical engineering student, with no philosophy or heavy islamic background, .....you have no freaking idea what true islamic wisdom is like.

Just for a moment I imagined it was Jack Nicholson talking to me. Anyway you're doing your part to clue us in. Muslim nation is proud I'm sure.

am i too formidable for you to face me head on matters i focus on

Yes. Definitely yes. Actually I like your comments a lot, you're a good guy, why combat the issue?

Back