• I don't give an f*** about America

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • America is like any other country, it just has more resources to screw up

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darksidZz

Valued Senior Member
I'd like to hear stories here about legal cases that occured in America, make them as outlandish and ridiculious as possible. We already have 1 such instance here http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=69784 which shows just how silly and sick America has become. If I weren't living here I would certainly be glad, it's stupid nonsense like this that will eventually destroy this country (if it hasn't already).

Personally I have just about had it, Americans + the country itself make-up laws, they follow through with just outlandish stuff, they blame citizens that have no real right to recieve blame, they can't manage their economy and provide health insurance, noooo all this is to hard for the supposedly greatest nation in the world.

I am certain many of you here will have stories to tell, ones that make America look less & less like a dream but more like a nightmare! Come on then, let's have a look @ what ya got.

PS I really am sick of this country.

Not a very deep thinker, are you? Try looking around the world just a little and you'll easily find MUCH worse stuff than that going on!

Haymarket

One of the great injustices of American history is the tale of the Haymarket Martyrs. The Wikipedia article at the link gives a decent reconstruction, but it should also be noted that, according to Emma Goldman, who was moved to become an Anarchist by the debacle,

No one who is at all familiar with the case can possibly doubt that the Anarchists, judicially murdered in Chicago, died as victims of a lying, blood-thirsty press and of a cruel police conspiracy. Has not Judge Gary himself said: "Not because you have caused the Haymarket bomb, but because you are Anarchists, you are on trial."

The impartial and thorough analysis by Governor Altgeld of that blotch on the American escutcheon verified the brutal frankness of Judge Gary. It was this that induced Altgeld to pardon the three Anarchists
, thereby earning the lasting esteem of every liberty-loving man and woman in the world.
("The Pychology of Political Violence")​

The tale of Altgeld's pardon of the Haymaket Martyrs was told in a 1993 article in the Illinois Times.

Read Altgeld's pardon, provided by the University of Missouri at Kansas City. The pardon is part of UKMC's "Famous Trials" series; the Haymarket Trial of 1886 page contains a chronology, news accounts, editorial cartoons, and even trial transcripts.

All of this because industrial interests were upset about an 8-hour work day.

Judging all Americans based on tabloid news...that's a good source of information!

Last edited:
Mod Hat - Intervention

Mod Hat - Intervention

Y'know ... if y'all can't answer the question, then don't bother.

Really. I mean, people love to go off about the jury that awarded the suicidal damages for being maimed after the subway didn't kill him, or the jury that awarded damages to the burglar who fell down the stairs because one of the kids left a toy on the floor.

It's really weird: someone gives people a topic to complain about this sort of crap, and now suddenly people want to complain about anything but?

Come on ... get it together, folks. This is just downright bizarre.

I know what some of your excuses are, and yeah, that's fine with me.

But no more, else I start telling people to go back whence they came and what to do when they get there.

Mod Hat - Intervention

Y'know ... if y'all can't answer the question, then don't bother.

Really. I mean, people love to go off about the jury that awarded the suicidal damages for being maimed after the subway didn't kill him, or the jury that awarded damages to the burglar who fell down the stairs because one of the kids left a toy on the floor.

It's really weird: someone gives people a topic to complain about this sort of crap, and now suddenly people want to complain about anything but?

Come on ... get it together, folks. This is just downright bizarre.

I know what some of your excuses are, and yeah, that's fine with me.

But no more, else I start telling people to go back whence they came and what to do when they get there.

Your words are calming, yes caaalllmmminng :L let us goto lunch together.

Let me think of more stuff, ummmm here's a nice article Tiassa about the legal system http://www.ahrc.com/new/index.php/src/news/sub/article/action/ShowMedia/id/1938

Here's something else to prove how unjust America's legal system is, even inside its own military!

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1106-04.htm

Not a very deep thinker, are you? Try looking around the world just a little and you'll easily find MUCH worse stuff than that going on!

Ummmm, this coming from the man who just deployed the logic of a 9 year old?

There's worse things going on....does that suddenly make the problem not exist?

Back