• Hell no, and I HATE it! :O(

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Um, I don't really care... :OP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's the question?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree, but I don't want to be a politician.

Politicians run government, and politicians are people who want to impose their ideas on everyone else. But politicians volunteer rather than be selected. The current form of democracy requires that we select the best from a set of volunteers. But that form of ‘best’ does not mean that we have the best possible. The selection is often a matter of choosing the best of a bad lot (i.e. they can all be bad). A better form of democracy would be where WE select the person that is best for the job and ignore the volunteers who mainly have their own best interests in mind.

I hope that wasn’t too convoluted.

Cris

YEAH!!!

Cris...dude...I just want you to know that I love you, 'cause you always seem to feel my vibe! I've got a prosem I want to share, but not now, when I get the time...if it's alright with the others on the board.
Thanks again for the perfect understanding, guy!

politicians

You guys are definitely on the right track. I feel pretty much the same way about the politics here in Canada. I think a lot of the problem of having a shitty Prime Minister is because we don't pay enough money. Anyone that would be good enough would rather run a bank or other firm and make millions a year instead of the peanuts they would get to be PM. Sure it is taxpayers money, but I would rather pay somebody who really kicks ass 5 million bucks to run the country than pay somebody $300,000 to never accomlish anything.

W,

Hey great, sounds good to me.

S,

Yes good point. I was astonished when back in the UK I discovered the pittance paid to MPs and the prime Minister.

I guess we get the government that we pay for, so if we want to attract successful 'captains' of industry, who do know how to run large orgnanisations, then we must be prepared to pay the going rate.

And then we also need a damn good interview process and stop all the political campaigning - and there's a point - money spent on campaigns would probably cover some decent salaries.

Oh well - dreams.

Cris

CAUTION

Here's the prosem. I warn any who read to go on ONLY if you have an open mind. THE FOLLOWING FORMATION OF WORDS IS MEANT AS LOPSIDED PEACE SIGN FOR BAD GOV'T PEOPLES...

Running TO the Man (part one)
Do you ever think as you are playing a video game about the good guys on your side, but in life it ain't the same. Because in the real world the cops and me won't ever be real friends. In the real world it's sad but true. They got me on ifrared. But what could I have done to deserve this kind of treatment? When a pig will pull right up to my side as I walk the street when I'm smoking a black and when I'm done I throw the filter to the side. He's a county boy in a "'Lac" and he's got a roach he says is mine! "I don't know what's wrong with you kids today", he says with that insincere grin upon his face, rambling on and on about how my youth is a waste of my time. But it's mine. It belongs to me. And it will until the day I'm dead. No matter what the government and the president said.
"You aren't allowed to tell me what to do. I'm sick of you telling what is the truth. Now you might be strong enough to beat me. I'll get you though, and one day soon you'll see..."

more prosem...

Running TO the Man (part two)

Like Mario and Luigi and Princess Toadstool, too, running through the Mushroom Kingdom. Not running from, but to the man; also known as Bowser. Kicking his *ss outta Dodge like old cowboys and cowgirls. Taking a stand for their rights as residents in their homes. Refusing to let an officer of the law bug their phones. That's the way true life should really be in the USA. Able to answer a bad cop's insult with a, "Man, shut your face." Should be able to walk to the corner without worry that a stupid law will end us up in front of a jury, because we're suspicious minorities. We might sell drugs. Tell the authorities. We might do anything. We might be thugs. But all this might stuff is a waste of alot of time. 'Cause I've got better things to do than listen to you whine that the black man or ANY man besides you isn't trustworthy. You're so caught in your selfish life you won't get your hands dirty with the problems of others more desperate than yourself, you pig. But it's time to get selfless and help the needy out, you dig?
"You aren't allowed to tell me what to do. I'm sick of you telling me what is the truth. Now you might be strong enough to beat me. I'll get you though and some day soon you'll see..."

Last edited:
last little bit of prosem...

Running TO the Man (part three)

Author Orwell had the right idea about Big Brother, and the way he and the other Thought Police would hover nearby; biding time keeping you in line with the others. Meanwhile, he feeds your mind lies that make you like the suffering he calls "freedom". Freedom? Freedom of what? I'm confused. I didn't know "freedom" meant the government's better than you. Treating us like children and punishing when we misbehave. Kind of like back in the day with rich white masters and legal slaves. But nothing's really changed. 'Cause the richest men still live in the big White House. And the rest of us on the plantation still don't know what it's all about. All I do know is we can't wait for another savior. God helps those who help themselves, but we've got to get braver. Big Brother's always watching and it's time we let him know. We the people of the United States say he has to go. I don't pledge allegiance to a flag or the colors that it bears. My loyalty goes to my peoples and God, the biggest man upstairs.
"You can't tell me what to do. I refuse to listen to you. You might've been strong enough to beat me. I'll get you though and NOW you'll see..."

"THANKS FOR SAVING ME FROM THOSE PO-POS,
DAWG. BUT, HEY MAN. 'OL BOY IS STILL AT
THE PRECINCT..."

Last edited:
I"m sorry, I am not pro-bush, or even pro-Kerry. I am not pro-electoral government, and I am not even very pro-US. But the whole point of this thread is wrong, no one has ever claimed the the United States is a Democracy. We're not. We're something called a Republic

That means that instead of running the government ourselves, we elect someone to run the government for us. We do this so that our government can be more fast paced - with fewer people involved, things can go faster. WE ELECT THEM. How many of the people here have voted, even for the school board? You are in charge, you give them the power - yes, even President Bush.

"I don't agree with the way our gov't is being run by EVERYONE but us."

who is the gov't and who is us

???

its really a stupid statement. of course its not being run by US.
sorry for that.

anyway, whats the point in a statement like that? want someone to run and have his entire campaign based on 'hes one of us/you' that bullshit line has been used for generations and has lost all credibility and is now just a cliche.
and also, if 'one of us' was, to say, run for office, hed get beaten out of the competition by people who know what their doing....
AND, theyd get all of you to realize that he IS JUST ONE OF YOU.
in fact, ive almost been sick cause of the stupidity of that statement. no offence, its just....... for crying out loud its crap.

Back