allah don’t know math

W

WildBlueYonder

its funny, muslims helped develop some higher mathematics, yet their god can’t do fractions
No shame in that, probably ½ of all Americans can't either ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra
Algebra is a branch of mathematics concerning the study of structure, relation and quantity. The name is derived from the treatise written by the Persian mathematician Muhammad bin Mūsā al-Khwārizmī titled (in Arabic كتاب الجبر والمقابلة ) Al-Kitab al-Jabr wa-l-Muqabala (meaning "The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing"), which provided symbolic operations for the systematic solution of linear and quadratic equations.

http://ahmedsalib.wordpress.com/2007/03/14/who-taught-allah-math-2/
Who Taught Allah Math?
March 14th, 2007
By Ali Sina
One of the most obvious mathematical mistakes of the Quran can be found in the division of the inheritance.
The laws of inheritance are spread out in several Suras. One can find references to them in Al-Baqarah(2), Al-Maidah(5) and Al-Anfal(8). But the details of these laws are spelled out in the Surah Nisa (4).

Q. 4:11
“Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children’s (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases (’s) after the payment of legacies and debts…”

Q. 4: 12 …

Q. 4:176…

When you add all these fractions the sum is more than the total of inheritance.
Wife1/8 = 3/24
Daughters 2/3 = 16/24
Father 1/6 = 4/24
Mother1/6 = 4/24
Total = 27/24

Now take another example. Say a man is survived by his wife, his mother and his sisters.
The wife receives 1/4 of the inheritance, (In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child; )
the mother 1/3 (if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the heirs, the mother has a third; )
and the sisters 2/3. (If there are two sisters, they shall have two-thirds of the inheritance (between them)
When we add up these fractions they too are more than the total.
Wife1/4 = 3/12
Mother 1/3 = 4/12
Sisters 2/3 = 8/12
Total = 15/12
anyone good at word problems? or should I post this in the math forum?

In response to your example:

Wife: 1/4 (In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child)
Mother: 1/3 (if no children, and the parents are the heirs, the mother has a third)
Sisters (two): Remainder (Only remaining family)

Wife: 1/4 = 6/24
Mother: 1/3 = 8/24

Remainder: 10/24

Sisters (two) split remainder.

Each get 5/24.

So...

Mother: 8/24
Wife: 6/24
Sister #1: 5/24
Sister#2: 5/24

Total: 24/24 = 1

The sisters don't get 2/3 if a male dies. That only applies for females. If (such a deceased was) a woman, who left no child, Her brother takes her inheritance: If there are two sisters, they shall have two-thirds of the inheritance (between them):

Last edited:
Another attempt to start a Muslim bashing thread. WildBlue, I don't blame you for your ignorance, you live in a society which encourages hatred of minorities (America), especially Muslims. Please educate yourself more before engaging in debate with us.

Another attempt to start a Muslim bashing thread. WildBlue, I don't blame you for your ignorance, you live in a society which encourages hatred of minorities (America), especially Muslims. Please educate yourself more before engaging in debate with us.
hey, if its from your perfect quran, it should be correct the first time around, not needing advanced math, unless thats the point, which would be cool in my eyes, such as figuring out "p"

right now islam sounds bad, like that fake no. "19" miracle

hey, if its from your perfect quran, it should be correct the first time around, not needing advanced math, unless thats the point, which would be cool in my eyes, such as figuring out "p"

right now islam sounds bad, like that fake no. "19" miracle

its only advanced math for merikkkans. :p

its basic fractions for everyone else.

its only advanced math for merikkkans. :p
uh, uh, a sense of humor, I like that, you have at least one redeeming quality ;-)

its basic fractions for everyone else.
yes, I know my dear, its just that if allah had meant it that way, the next verse should have said "& if there is a remainder, it shall be processed as above, until there be no more left."

uh, uh, a sense of humor, I like that, you have at least one redeeming quality ;-)

I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent?

yes, I know my dear, its just that if allah had meant it that way, the next verse should have said "& if there is a remainder, it shall be processed as above, until there be no more left."

hehe, we Mooslims never had any difficulties understanding what He meant.

Back