Albino Rejected

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
Why was it rejected by its mother? Its looks alone would make her not want him?

AT-110916-albino-seal-03.photoblog600.jpg

An albino sea pup with rare reddish-brown fur was spotted in August under some logs on a Russian beach by photographer Anatoly Strakhov. The seal was rejected by his family and left to fend for himself, according to Caters News Agency.
"He was hiding and waiting for his mother to come and feed him," Strakhov told the Daily Mail. "I was pleased to be able to capture such an unusual animal, but the poor seal is almost blind and so was unlikely to survive in the wild."

poor little red headed step child of Russians . He is so cute . Wow ! poor little baby whose own mother won't love . Take a good look heathens

He is close to blind also. Probable too hard to take care of and easier to say goodbye while it is in good health. I dont think animals have long term memory like they would miss the seal. Probably forgot about him already.

How would the mother know he was blind? I don't think baby seals need sight to know their own mom

Is the color of teh offspring an issue for moms

How would the mother know he was blind? I don't think baby seals need sight to know their own mom

Is the color of teh offspring an issue for moms

Seals are colorblind. I think the mother just noticed something was not quite right about the baby seal and kicked it out.

Back