Aisha, Mohammad's wife

skttrbrain

Registered Member
I would like a muslim's views regarding aisha, mohammad's 6 year old wife. Do you think it was right of him to marry her at 6 and sleep with her when she was 9? If yes, why? (please don't give me 'protecting' her and his other wives as a reason)
If not, how does it affect your perception of mohammad specifically and islam generally?

skttrbrain said:
I would like a muslim's views regarding aisha, mohammad's 6 year old wife. Do you think it was right of him to marry her at 6 and sleep with her when she was 9? If yes, why? (please don't give me 'protecting' her and his other wives as a reason)
If not, how does it affect your perception of mohammad specifically and islam generally?

It is a knowm fact that females in those days married when they hit puberty....that aint a muslim or islamic thing that is a historical thing you may not want to hear the 6year old protection thing but sorry its true. When a woman got her "period" then she was considered of child bearing age and then marriages were consumated also 'Aishah's marriage to the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) at an early age allowed her to be an eye witness to the personal details
of his life and carry them on the succeeding generations. By being
both spiritually and physically near to the Prophet(pbuh) ,the marriage prepared
'Aishah to be an example to all Muslims, especially women, for all times.
She developed into a spiritual, teacher and scholar, since she was
remarkably intelligent and wise. Her qualities helped support the Prophet's
work and further the cause of Islam. 'Aishah, the Mother of the Believers,
was not only a model for wives and mothers, but she was also a commentator
on the Qur'an, an authority on hadeeth and knowledgeable in Islamic
Law. She narrated at least 2,210 ahadith that give Muslims
valuable insights into the Final Prophet's daily life and behaviour, thus
preserving the Sunnah of Muhammad(pbuh).

I feel as though from your previous two posts that you arent curious about Islam but you are being politely hostile which is fine if you want to do that(we have others here who do it also) but know that if you do the muslim population on these boards (mainly me ,knife, Bruce Wayne and Sufi) probably wont respond much and what kind of dialogue would we have then? :)....peace

thanks bruce wayne and surenderer, the link was helpful, except that i never accused the prophet of pedophilia. surenderer, i'm not acting politely hostile against islam. i've read quite a bit about it and there are a lot of things that i found contradicting or confusing or even plain immoral, and that's why i'm asking for an explanation about those things. it's probably true that girls married at an early age, but shouldn't a prophet be above that?

skttrbrain said:
it's probably true that girls married at an early age, but shouldn't a prophet be above that?

Only if it is wrong. But it isn't. Also remember that the info one had to master to be an adult was less than now.

Bruce Wayne said:
Only if it is wrong. But it isn't. Also remember that the info one had to master to be an adult was less than now.
what does info have to do with it, isn't it 'custom' that rules here? I thought that muslim males became 'adults' at 13, when they are supposed to be circumsiced like Ishmael was. when are females cnsidered adults? just asking

skttrbrain said:

now she is 6 year old...........lol hahaha :D

Back