Adam's Diary

SnakeLord

snakeystew.com
Valued Senior Member
Monday- This new creature with the long hair is a good deal in the way. It is always hanging around and following me about. I don't like this; i am not used to company. I wish it would stay with the other animals... Cloudy today, wind in the east; think we shall have rain...we? Where did i get that word?- I remember now, the new creature uses it.

Tuesday- Been examining the great waterfall. It is the finest thing on the estate, i think. The new creature calls it Niagara Falls- why, i am sure i do not know. Says it looks like Niagara Falls. That is not a reason, it is mere waywardness and imbecility. I get no chance to name anything myself. The new creature names everything that comes along, before i can get in a protest. And always the same pretext is offered- it looks like the thing. There is a dodo for instance. Says the moment one looks at it one sees at a glance that it 'looks like a dodo'. It will have to keep that name, no doubt. It wearies me to fret about it, and it does no good anyway. Dodo! It looks no more like a dodo than i do.

Sunday- Pulled through. This day is getting to be more and more trying. It was selected and set apart last november as a day of rest. I had already six of them per week before.

Friday- She has taken to beseeching me to stop going over the Falls. What harm does it do? Says it makes her shudder. I wonder why; i have always done it- always liked the plunge, and coolness. I supposed it was what the Falls were for. They have no other use that i can see, and they must have been made for something. She says they were only made for scenery- like the rhinoceros and the mastadon.

.. She engages herself in many foolish things; among others, to study out why the animals called lions and tigers live on grass and flowers, when, as she says, the sort of teeth they wear would indicate that they were intended to eat each other. This is foolish, because to do that would be to kill each other, and that would introduce what, as i understand it, is called 'death'; and death, as i have been told, has not yet entered the park. Which is a pity, on some accounts.

...She told me she was made out of a rib taken from my body. This is at least doubtful, if not more than that. I have not missed any rib.

...She is in much trouble about the buzzard; says grass does not agree with it; is afraid she can't raise it; thinks it was intended to live on decayed flesh. The buzzard must get along the best it can with what is provided. We cannot overturn the whole scheme to accomodate the buzzard.

Extracts from Adam's Diary, (Mark Twain). Honestly when discussing religion always take the time out to read Mark Twains writing. I find it extremely funny and pertinent. He also did Eve's Diary, just as funny- aswell as so many other religious based writings. No copyright infringements intended. I am a great fan of Mark Twain and wanted to show how much he had to offer the public. ;)

snakelord

hi.
thought i better drop in and say hi.
thought i'd just let ya know, theres a few replies awaiting u in your other room just up the hall. bit of an echo in the corridor at the moment. aardappelvreter has replied to u about a number of things. i hope i have been also able to assist u in your book development, too.
cheers
i only really knew huckleberry finn and tom sawyer. cute, adams diary.
cheers

ADAMS DIARY CONTINUED......

WEDNESDAY
Dear Diary, sorry I havent written in a few days, but I found a magical herb :m: growing in snake poop under the apple tree, unfortunately Eve thought it a good idea to bake it into some cookies of which I ate far too many....I did some freaky things that im positive God and Eve will be unhappy about.
Mostly I just hope that poor gerbil recovers.

The cookies Eve made gave me severe munchies, ahhh that reminds me I must invent some form of body covering as cooking all that fresh fried bacon in the nude took its toll on my dangle berry.
Gotta go ... Eve just woke up and when she sees the mess I left in the kitchen Im dead meat.
Toodles :D

Back