Adam on IRC

Adam

§Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥
Registered Senior Member
Once again I am back at my family's farm for maybe 6 weeks or so. For that time I will be available on IRC now and then for those who would like a live chat. Usually around late evening to early morning Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10 hours). I use the Undernet network, and am a channel operator on #casual. To find me, look for the username LeonDN.

Adam on PCP

gh-OnDrugs.gif

Adam, forgive me for being so ignorant, what exactly is IRC? :bugeye: I've heard of it, don't know it. Will you tell me please? Is it like ICQ, with a microphone or so?

Now I am curious...:)

Goofyfish,

Maybe we should tie the picture to the Smokers' Etiquette thread. I think I detect others that are drooling, my shoulder is wet...

Originally posted by Banshee
Adam, forgive me for being so ignorant, what exactly is IRC? :bugeye: I've heard of it, don't know it. Will you tell me please? Is it like ICQ, with a microphone or so?

Now I am curious...:)

IRC is Internet Relay Chat. In effect it's like ICQ with heaps of people talking together in one window instead of just two people. An easy programme for it can be downloaded at http://www.mirc.com Be warned, however, some people get obsessed with it and spend all day at it.

Thanx Adam, for the info. :) I think I stick to the ICQ and MSN. Seems enough chatting possibilities for now. Maybe I'll try it out...one of these days - months...;)

Well, for anyone who wants to say hello, I'll be available on IRC most of tonight. Anyone...? *sniff*

Hexadecimal, you're obviously a genius. Thanks for your input.

Ah well, back on IRC again. Very dead in that channel at the moment...

PS: I also use the username "Adam^".

Last edited:
Ah well. Back on IRC again tomorrow (Sunday) night, from late evening Australian EST. Had a few nice chats so far.

You can find me in DALnets #computers, under the nick metonic, just incase you ever want to talk to me. Banshee, you really should try irc, it is better than msn and icq. i prefer it anyway.
It has been around since '89 i think...

Back