adam and eve

shrubby pegasus

Registered Senior Member
it is kinda of funny how the human race was supposed to have come from adam and eve. the only way for this to occur would be for countless acts of adultery and incest to go on.

producing enough guilt to spawn puritans and eons of persecution and war all around!

wesmorris said:
producing enough guilt to spawn puritans and eons of persecution and war all around!

it is a good thing the ten commandments werent around at this point or they woudlve been f*cked

Who defined adultery and incest? Certainly not Adam nor Eve. Who imposed rules about adultery and incest?

AH!! Genesis, the most or one of the most controversials chapters of the bible, it has everything, that the church priest warn you about in church! sex, adultery, incest, insults to women, contradictions, conflicts with science and history, you name it it has it! It's a good read here:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gen/index.html

Godless.

Godless said:
AH!! Genesis, the most or one of the most controversials chapters of the bible, it has everything, that the church priest warn you about in church! sex, adultery, incest, insults to women, contradictions, conflicts with science and history, you name it it has it! It's a good read here:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/gen/index.html

Godless.

yeah and murdering of your family members too

it is a good thing god only creates perfection

FieryIce said:
Who defined adultery and incest? Certainly not Adam nor Eve. Who imposed rules about adultery and incest?

god did right? there is supposed to be an absolute good and absolute bad. morals are not relative for those dedicated to the cause of god

In western culture, most likely European too, incest is defined by cousins; no cousins or closer direct relatives can marry. In the OT brothers and sisters could marry, it was not considered incest.
The OT is full of moral guidelines for behavior.

In western culture, most likely European too, incest is defined by cousins; no cousins or closer direct relatives can marry. In the OT brothers and sisters could marry, it was not considered incest.

Yes, but we are talking about Adam & Eve, who had two sons, Cain & Able, in the case of incest here it would be the son's mother whom they had to have sex with in order to pro-create.

Genesis does not speak of Adam & Eve having female children, thus only of Cain & Able, one kills the other wile the other gets vanished, and meets a wife? were the hell did she come from?

Godless.

When Adam was 130 years old he had a son, Seth. Adam had other sons and daughters before he died at 930 years old.

Oh!! good so there was a hole lot of incest going on by their siblings.

Godless.

you right it is silly. I asked my aunt(a JW) about incest in genesis, she said that incest was allowed in those days but later on God forbade it. Ditto for violence in the old testament vise the new testament. Violence was okay with god the father but god the son(Christ) taught turn the other cheek.

I ask why the change in policy and she said god has a right to change his mind and do what he likes at any time. Well what can I say folks.

Adam and Eve were 6000 years ago. Times change and so did we. Our life spans were shortened several times. (Guess we are a bit more impressive than even our designer figured?) Our genetic make up is far removed from the Adamic perfection. Then there was the infiltration of outside genetic codes, 6 fingers and toes of the Nephelim offspring and so on to be considered. The churches have also changed the rules many times on many topics. Multiple wives are not now permitted by church decrees since about 300 ad.

Adam and Eve. Is you and me. Cain and Abel surely exist in these times too.

We were all tempted to eat the apple of knowledge (do you really think it's talking about a actual apple?). The bible doesn't become smarter than you are.

Cyperium said:
Adam and Eve. Is you and me. Cain and Abel surely exist in these times too.

We were all tempted to eat the apple of knowledge (do you really think it's talking about a actual apple?). The bible doesn't become smarter than you are.
----------
M*W: I love it!!! You are so right! Adam and Eve 'r' us, but we are on our evolutionary way to becoming one body, one spirit, one mind, again. We are still in the last day of creation. When we reach human perfection, our spirit will rest for eternity, but will be very much alive.

We've had this discussion some months ago about the fruit being an "apple." Several good responses that I recall said the "fruit" was a quince or a pomegranate. I think the "fruit" was symbolic.

The fruit was symbolic, the whole story of Genesis was mostly symbolic, it never really happened, unless you rather throw almost 100 + years of the study from evolution and anthropology in the toilet and believe in fairy tales written twothousand years ago, by ignorant mindless ancient people who were slaves.

Godless.

Here's a question for you concerning Adam. Did Adam have a penis when first created or was he given one after God made Eve. Oh yes one more if God created Adam in his image does God have a penis?

Oh yes one more if God created Adam in his image does God have a penis?
God is a hermaphrodite! How else do you think Adam was created without a Mrs. God?

I ask why the change in policy and she said god has a right to change his mind and do what he likes at any time. Well what can I say folks

Even though god said "Am I a human, that I would change my mind?"

6 fingers and toes of the Nephelim offspring and so on to be considered.

Where's it say that?

Back