Actual parapsychologicial positions:

Tnerb

Banned
Banned
I would define parapsychology as a psychology that is of abnormal signifigance. At least in the narrow/abstract sense of the word. In my opinion, there are some different stances of which can be thought of in connection with parapsychology. You might say that these stances consist of things that people typically take for granted, or are not considered apt psychological measurings of an individual, or something....

Either way, below is an examination of some of these, although they are short perhaps a discussion could follow:

The death of others happening on an individual is a psychologicial aspect of how people relate on a daily basis. I only mean by this that an individual can experience the non-literal death of other individuals. Be it a position to hold, as some smart people have certain positions which they take. They are good to hold and strong. But this one here is intriguing. Experiencing something so strong that it is a position of strength; for example, death of others, means only, that they do not exist to you. They are seperate from yourself. They are their own existence. Which is intriguing. I had considered naming this thread "aspects of existence" or examinations of existence or something I forget.

But anyway, that is one stance. The death of others.
Interesting.

The death of oneself.
Not literal death, as a literal death would be an entire death of the individual who is alive.
So obviously the death of oneself would give off certain things; such as others having power over you. Also, them not being able to get to you.
Which is very interesting upon an examination of.
Or thought provoking in the least.

I had thought about not posting th is, but for what it's worth let's get on with it.

They call in "intro-spection", to not see mortality. And, may readily be induced as it was...by exclusion point casting. This de-renders saids: and leads to disarray of the thought process.

Rambling, but so was the orig. post.

You may, in fact go to genre perspectives of modern day virtual combat. Where 'God Mode' is but a tap of the keys.

Once this state is achieved, they will indeed cast of their flesh. For the doctrine of Holy War that in pendulated at times amongst the media stream with Terrorism.

In this state, one is not in 'contact' with reality. And, the fact they may readily leap from the 'Plane of Existence'.
Many proceed into paranormal contact with others that cannot maintain a presence. And, will literally speak for them, in fashion of a "Medium". So, they may not be deceased.

The famous Mork and Mindy routine, of when Ausin was contacted. After much prodding, when the leader finally yielded the answer so desired, it was immediately followed by:
"Well, what about..."

I would define parapsychology as a psychology that is of abnormal signifigance. At least in the narrow/abstract.

However that's not what the definition is.

define parapsychology....

: a field of study concerned with the investigation of evidence for paranormal psychological phenomena (as telepathy, clairvoyance, and psychokinesis)

However that's not what the definition is.

define parapsychology....

: a field of study concerned with the investigation of evidence for paranormal psychological phenomena (as telepathy, clairvoyance, and psychokinesis)

Cosmic Traveler is right about the classical definition. But I have noticed that words possess the power to grow in meaning as understanding about the meaning of the word grows.

A perfect example is the word 'time'.:confused:

I would bet both balls that if none of us could refer to a dictionary we'd all give different definitions. I have already seen plenty of proof on these forums.
Funny enough, if asked I would bet (but not both balls this time) that most people would provide only one definition, when in fact there are over 30 definitions. Words rarely mean the exact same thing to anyone...with exceptions such as...the, is, at, a, etc.

Languages mutate and change. Its happening right now as we breath.

Among many theorists, Einstein typical, a Relative Plane at or near c=speed of light, does not subscribe to time.

The classic, leave in a ship, all you knew behind would have expired paradox.

It is a violation to assume what was once, will be again. Take for instance someone whom spoke out of turn. They would have to recourse the consequence, no matter how 'flighty'...

Back