about robotics in genetic engineering

Memouri

Registered Member
What do you think are the applications of robotics in genetic engineering?
I do think that they are planning to do robots "AI" with much more capacity than the other robots now and they will be using human genes on them..? that I don't know but I'm just guessing. Though I have researched, I still don't understand (cause maybe I'm just a kid?... nah. lol. I'm still 13 yrs old though). :)

What do you think are the applications of robotics in genetic engineering?
I do think that they are planning to do robots "AI" with much more capacity than the other robots now and they will be using human genes on them..? that I don't know but I'm just guessing. Though I have researched, I still don't understand (cause maybe I'm just a kid?... nah. lol. I'm still 13 yrs old though). :)

There have been various projects to integrate cellular membranes with chips to take sensory data. The main reason for these projects is the potential to fix things that otherwise naturally might not be fixed (i.e. fixing two served nerve endings with nodes that can bridge the communication of sensation artificially).

In some senses growing tissue can actually be cheaper than designing equipment or writing the software, so taking a sample of the membrane of a dogs nose and replicating it (growing it) in a lab and connecting it to artificially systems could allow for "sniffer" apparatus that can be used to check for drugs and bombs at airports , or identify peoples threat level from diabetes or Epilepsy attacks (changes in hormone levels).

Of course using this artificially created hybrid would mean less disturbances in airports when a sniffer dog decides it needs a rest and wants to sit down. (The usual sign they've found something like a bomb)

Back