A theoretical natural cancer treatment

paradigm_slip

Registered Member
This video covers the basics of the theory. Pause to read all information if the video moves too quickly. The background music is there as filler, no one speaks.

youtu.be/OqROi1Qvuxc

We'd appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Right now we're looking for interested researchers, preferably Canadian for funding issues, but we're willing to share our results with anyone.

[Can't post links yet, so you'll have to copy and paste manually.]

This video covers the basics of the theory. Pause to read all information if the video moves too quickly. The background music is there as filler, no one speaks.

youtu.be/OqROi1Qvuxc

Right now we're looking for interested researchers, preferably Canadian for funding issues, but we're willing to share our results with anyone.

[Can't post links yet, so you'll have to copy and paste manually.]

The following link has a great deal of information from many sources about DCA. In my opinion any non-toxic treatment that works is worth a good long hard look. Thanks for this topic paradigm_slip

http://thedcasite.com/

Who is 'we' ?

background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloroacetic_acid

scam site:
http://www.thedcasite.com/

warning:
AYhAS.png

For room and board, nominal salary and benefits, I will run your beachfront treatment & research center in Hawaii. I will supervise the diving classes in which the clients will receive natural hyperbaric treatment while harvesting Limu Kohu. I will ensure that each client receives the recommended daily amount of the curative algae in a delicious Hawaiian recipe with the full complement of healthy local cuisine.

You furnish the facility, equipment, cooks, diving instructors, staff, equipment, supplies, and airfare.

Deal?

'We' are a group of educated people who think someone dropped the ball two years ago and no one has picked it up since.

Not a scam site: dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/index.cfm

DCA is toxic in megadoses, yes. But the doses one would recieve from a natural source like asparagopsis taxiformis are fairly small. Micrograms, not grams.

Even water will kill you if you drink too much.

As for the rest, no dice. We're not talking people at this point. Right now we just want to re-run the Guelph research with the addition of hyperbaric treatment of the samples.

But we need Canadian researchers, unless you've got the education and affilitations and would like to apply for a research grant yourself.

'We' are a group of educated people
Ok fair enough. But c'mon this is medicine. It's the Big Leagues of science, don't you think? I mean the only advocate isn't even an oncologist, and has no oncology department to rely on for guidance and verification.
who think someone dropped the ball two years ago and no one has picked it up since.
How do you deal with the reason for that?
Not a scam site: dca.med.ualberta.ca/Home/index.cfm
Maybe there's a more generous term. The site looks like it's been orphaned from the university. Why so?
DCA is toxic in megadoses, yes. But the doses one would recieve from a natural source like asparagopsis taxiformis are fairly small. Micrograms, not grams.
The MCLG for 1,2-dichloroethane has been set at zero because EPA believes this level of protection would not cause any of the potential health problems described below.

The MCL has been set at 5 parts per billion (ppb)[in drinking water] because EPA believes, given present technology and resources, this is the lowest level to which water systems can reasonably be required to remove this contaminant should it occur in drinking water.​

I'm sure you know the algae is an ingredient to Hawaiian dishes (like poke).
Even water will kill you if you drink too much.
Scary argument.

The EPA thinks that--without controlling DCA levels--water in small quantities could be dangerous.

At sustained, higher doses(generally 25 mg/kg/day taken orally, or greater), there is increased risk of several reversible toxicities, especially peripheral neuropathy, neurotoxicity, and gait disturbance. Studies have also shown that it can be carcinogenic in male B6C3F1 mice at high doses.
As for the rest, no dice.
So I take it you're not keen on the Hawaiian resort idea. I was hoping to appeal to the adventurous spirit in that pitch, also interested in hearing more fully what this is about.
We're not talking people at this point.
I see, well at this end it's mostly dialogue, and as I'm sure you can imagine there's a self made genius born every minute who has the answer to the most pressing problems of the day that have plagued the experts for all time. After so many encounters of this type a patterned response emerges.
Right now we just want to re-run the Guelph research with the addition of hyperbaric treatment of the samples.
The samples or the test subjects?
But we need Canadian researchers, unless you've got the education and would like to apply for a research grant yourself
I would have to defer to your expertise on that. I think there are a few Canadians around here, maybe you can re-post "Canadian wanted for research" and that may get you your pick of the litter.

Ok fair enough. But c'mon this is medicine. It's the Big Leagues of science, don't you think? I mean the only advocate isn't even an oncologist, and has no oncology department to rely on for guidance and verification.

I've tried contacting the people involved in Alberta and Guelph and recieved no response. Not surprised, really.

I have spoken with the head of the Medicor clinic, the only group in Canada currently treating with DCA. They're clinical oncologists and are interested in the idea, but aren't lab researchers. They also don't have access to hyperbaric equipment, so its not really something they can just test.

How do you deal with the reason for that?

Dropping the ball? Unless you were looking at DCA as a natural substance, you might miss the environmental connection.

Maybe there's a more generous term. The site looks like it's been orphaned from the university. Why so?

They conducted their studied in conjunction and partially funded by Health Canada. I would think that would help to legitimize their claims.

The MCLG for 1,2-dichloroethane has been set at zero because EPA believes this level of protection would not cause any of the potential health problems described below.

The MCL has been set at 5 parts per billion (ppb)[in drinking water] because EPA believes, given present technology and resources, this is the lowest level to which water systems can reasonably be required to remove this contaminant should it occur in drinking water.

I'm sure you know the algae is an ingredient to Hawaiian dishes (like poke).

Yeah, I know it's present. It's mentioned in the video. The drinking water reference comes from the fact that DCA is produced by the chlorination of water, not a natural process as with seaweeds.

The EPA thinks that--without controlling DCA levels--water in small quantities could be dangerous.

At sustained, higher doses(generally 25 mg/kg/day taken orally, or greater), there is increased risk of several reversible toxicities, especially peripheral neuropathy, neurotoxicity, and gait disturbance. Studies have also shown that it can be carcinogenic in male B6C3F1 mice at high doses.

These high daily doses are far beyond what you'd recieve from consuming poke daily. But DCA is used as a treatment, not a life long daily supplement at lower doses as it seems it should be.

So I take it you're not keen on the Hawaiian resort idea. I was hoping to appeal to the adventurous spirit in that pitch, also interested in hearing more fully what this is about.

I'd be down for conducting research in a Hawaiian resort. But funding the whole process would be the issue at that point. Right now I'd be content just getting through Phase 1 of the research.

I see, well at this end it's mostly dialogue, and as I'm sure you can imagine there's a self made genius born every minute who has the answer to the most pressing problems of the day that have plagued the experts for all time. After so many encounters of this type a patterned response emerges.

Cell cultures first, then lab animals. The problem I'd see with the idea of jumping straight to humans is what if the treatment works too well? If the cancerous cells saturated with DCA decide to die during hyperbaric treatment, thats a mass of cells that'll breakdown, enter the bloodstream and cause all sort of additional problems.

The samples or the test subjects?

No people in Phase 1. Cell cultures then lab animals.

I would have to defer to your expertise on that. I think there are a few Canadians around here, maybe you can re-post "Canadian wanted for research" and that may get you your pick of the litter.

I'm pretty sure I can't apply for any funding at all as I'm not associated with an eligible institution right now. My friends that're helping me with this do have contacts with researchers and we're trying to make progress on that front.

But, besides that, I'd just like to share the information. There is DCA research going on in small groups all over the world and think that hyperbaric treatment deserves to be looked at as a means for oxygenating hypoxic tissue.

If it works, it works. At least it's falsifiable.

Back