[A]religious Paraphernalia

Do you have any paraphernalia that proclaims your beliefs about God?

• Total voters

S.A.M.

uniquely dreadful
Valued Senior Member
How many of you wear, carry or have paraphernalia [chains, stickers, bumper stickers, ornaments, clothing] that proclaim your religious or areligious belief?

Why do you have them?

I don't have any, except my books, but since I have books of/about many religions thats not an identification of my beliefs

A chain with a silver crescent moon and star, and a very tiny Qur'an (half the length of your finger).

Kadark

I am a Christian but I wear no false idols and I worship no pagan symbols...:D

I do have a couple statues of Buddha and Ganesh lying around somewhere though lol.

I've the following pendants: cross, FSM, ankh and the Egyptian eye symbol said to be used by the Masonic followers.

What does that say? :D

To me, they just looked nice! The cross goes well with a blue themed outfit too.

I am a Christian but I wear no false idols and I worship no pagan symbols...:D

I do have a couple statues of Buddha and Ganesh lying around somewhere though lol.

O ya, I have a statue of Ganesh too. I bought it as a possible gift, but somehow ended up giving something else, so its lying around in my bookshelves.

I wear tulasi neck beads all the time

tulasi is a sacred wood, and it is as good for fools as it is for sadhus, so I fit within the fold nicely

and also wear tilaka quite regularly... so much so that you can see the slightly less tanned mark when I don't even wear it
tilaka proclaims one's take on the vedas

tilaka.jpg

I also have a sikha
(same reason as tilaka)
sikha.gif

I also have a chanting beads

and also a clicker for when things get a bit busy

clicker-01.jpg

aside from that, tons of books (even more on the hard drive) and a few pictures on the walls

lightgigantic,

I thought you were a Christian? Guess not ...

Anyway, I've been looking to get this t-shirt for a while now:

235827.jpg

Kadark

didn't tap?

MMA fighters usually wear it. To "tap" means to submit. When a fighter is in a chokehold, or is in an arm-bar, for instance, he taps his hand to let the referee know he cannot continue the fight. Essentially, when you tap, you submit (you give up).

Jesus didn't tap!

Kadark

I don't wear any religious symbols...but I wear my father's ring everyday, as a reminder to be as quality of a man as he is. Not a religious symol..but a morality symbol.

How many of you wear, carry or have paraphernalia [chains, stickers, bumper stickers, ornaments, clothing] that proclaim your religious or areligious belief?

Does my array of telescopes and guitars count?

I have a little scarlet letter "A" sticker on the rear window of my car.

images

And a Darwin fish.

2214.jpg

and also a clicker for when things get a bit busy

clicker-01.jpg

You mean you chant on that?? :confused:

I guess that makes me a snob with my malas. I have three: One with 108 wooden beads for regular chanting, one with 27 stone beads to take with me when I am out of the house, and one that fits my wrist so that I can wear it anytime.
:(

You'd probably have to look fairly closely at my bookcase(s) to work out what my likely religious views are. Other than books, I have no obvious paraphernalia which would give away anything about my religious beliefs.

Back