a pseudoscientist's manifesto

zechaeriah

Registered Senior Member
in the name of science, i have grown up to believe in only the physical world and have forgotten all about that which works on concept alone: consciousness.

i shall stretch my curiosities as far as my imagination will take me while documenting and publicizing any theory about unexplained phenomena i believe is worthwhile to the community at large, and i shall do this at my discretion only. all of my theories i shall not take an ultimate stance on and only provide them as evidence to my assertions and speculations about the given subject while keeping an open and accepting mind of future evidence to either the supported or to the contrary.

i repeat, i shall do this at my own discretion. no scientist, politician, historian, or any other studied expert on any subject throughout the world community shall be allowed the dishonor of discrediting or disheartening me or my studies. i will only speak about these theories to those who are willing to challenge or support me or my studies in a professional or mature manner. those who intend to engage in belligerent or insulting discussions are not worth talking to.

pseudoscience is not a grounded study. it has conversely taken flight in an age of unsettling tremors in the ideological spectrum. i believe that my natural curiosity will allow me to travel in unison with what is deemed pseudoscience, and thus prevail when an open mind begins to interact with an open heart in a society which, though cannot be proven by physical means, exists as an entitity in itself.

insignificantly yours (the reader's),

zechaeriah

Last edited:
You realize that when something makes sense, and is clear and gone about in a way which would have it logically proven, disproved, or simply supported without final conclusions drawn, that this is what we call science. That means all that is valid and logically sound is science. And then there is everything else. Into this category falls pseudoscience, a practice whose only claim to fame is that those who would fall into it think that they are practicing science. . .

You are resolving to do nothing but fool yourself, waste your time, and never learn anything about anything.

That depends on what you mean by "Synthing" and also, what your defenition of Paranormal is.

Why would you say that?

(and by the way, very creative, I've only heard that one like a million times ;P lets try to move away from personal attacks, seeing how as you denounced them in your manifesto, and try to make valid arguments, shall we?)

Originally posted by Mystech
You realize that when something makes sense, and is clear and gone about in a way which would have it logically proven, disproved, or simply supported without final conclusions drawn, that this is what we call science. That means all that is valid and logically sound is science. And then there is everything else. Into this category falls pseudoscience, a practice whose only claim to fame is that those who would fall into it think that they are practicing science. . .

You are resolving to do nothing but fool yourself, waste your time, and never learn anything about anything.

that sounds like a personal attack, as are all of your posts to my threads.

but ok, fine, you want a response? first of all, i didn't claim anything about science. it's specifically about pseudoscience. so i have no clue why you would begin to discuss science at all.

second of all, you're wrong about pseudoscience. the word isn't intended to be an insult, it's intended to differentiate that which is not science but is inquisitive into the nature of anything that cannot be explained by science.

i thought i made that perfectly clear in my manifesto...

another thing that is kinda funny about your remarks is that you're basically saying nothing is worth studying besides science. so that means, love, consciousness, and life itself are not worth studying. i mean, those three things aren't exactly logically sound. i guess that's just your way of making your character flaws overwhelmingly obvious.

maybe you shouldn't even post in the pseudoscience forum at all, ya know? just a suggestion.

That's fallacy, if something can be explained it is explained through science, or it is not done to any effect that one could describe as being "Explained"

And no, It's not a personal attack, I'm pointing out a flaw in a resolution you have made, not making fun of you for having made it, don't get so touchy.

Just a point Mystech,

Scienta is "Knowledge", and Science doesn't necessarily explain everything, afterall there are complete sciences developed for "Searching for a meaning", which means scientists don't actually know the outcome but are searching for it.

One other think you might like to note Mystech, ever heard of ESP.
(Extra Sensory Perception)

I'm sure you have, well that originated from Quantum Physics and it was about the Phenomona that can occur that science at that time couldn't fully explain.

Although now adays there are explanations of how certain things do occur through an EPR paradox (although the paradox only occurs if someone is experimenting).

Back