A nation vs. The individual

Should a nation be under the same rules/laws of ethics and morality as an individual?

That's virtually impossible. Well, wait ....perhaps if that nation had only one single member?!

I would also go so far as to say that, even among individuals in the same nation, it's impossible for them to hold the same ethics and morality.

I'm not even sure that there are any two people on the entire planet who have exactly the same ethics and morality.

Baron Max

Baron Max: "I'm not even sure that there are any two people on the entire planet who have exactly the same ethics and morality."

Does this mean we do not need laws of ethics and morality for an individual as well as a nation?

No, of course not! In fact, it means exactly the opposite ...without laws and rules of the society or nation, each individual could do whatever he wanted regardless of what others in the community thought.

No, geez, the very reason that a society makes rules and laws is to FIX some "concensus" of the ideals of "ethics and morals" ...because no two people actually hold to the same system of ethics and morals. So someone, some group, must step up to the plate and carve a system into the stone tablets ....else there'd be chaos or worse.

Baron Max

Back