A Local and Non-Local Universe

gluon

Banned
Banned
In another thread of mine, i deducted the universe must be local and non-local from deduction of logic. Concerning pure physics, the universe at a grand scale is essentially unchanging, whilst locally hidden observers (it's internal construct) does determine some passing of time.

as i said,

''However, the presence of an observer inside the universe dictates that the universe is not frozen internally within its curvature. Quantum systems are seen to (with the apparatus of time) to flow along a path of evolution. It is then more or less accurate to say the universe is both a local one and also a non-local one. ''

This is in respect of the Wheeler-de Witt Equation and then taking relativistic effects also into account. Both represent worlds that seem not only contradictory, but strange.

Do we have both a local and non-local universe?

The universe is its own inverse. If you consider it has "parts' that can observe the internal workings, and, by this inclusion, can deduce the nature of the "universal engine" they're inside of.
Or maybe they can only deduce a, er, set of partial results that tend toward universality, where we are now,say.

I think the universe has parts which can be described as internal workings of observers. But on a cosmological scale, there is no time evolution, so what i am saying is that local and non-local attributes are certainly unavoidable in a complete description of Quantum Cosmology.

Back