a fork fell out of my bowl the other day.

EmptyForceOfChi

Banned
Banned
i was sitting home by myself the other day and there was a fork in a bowl on the table and i was watching TV and the fork came out of the bowl and went on the floor,

what the hell was that about? i was actualy crapping my pants haha (no seriously i was scared that shouldent happen,)

peace.

shut up you :)

I will, but how will that make you feel that I am now unable to express myself, forever silent in an empty room alone? For the rest of the days silent and looking past the distance between us into your eyes that reflect your wish to make me silent?

picture me, never being able to express myself, a human who could have expressed his feelings but now all is lost as lips are sealed in pain and...

yawn, :rolleyes: ...

what about my fork and bowl damnit.

peace.

tipped over accidently since its center gravity was located further than the equal distribution of weight, to the side of the end of the table. Of course there are no accidents, but it is a human term, and I am a human and so are you, I suppose. Or should I assume anything at all, but than what should I not assume if only this world was so perfect in the first place. And world is not perfect, since that fork did tip over.

Empty,

It was me. I projected my mental powers across the internet, out of your computer, and into your house. I then used my telekinetic abilities to knock the fork out of your bowel. Just for the fun of it.

Impressed?

Too many variables. I'm still working on why toast always falls butter side down.

Dragon posted rational answer based on info given in post 7

I'm still working on why toast always falls butter side down.
Why bother? New Scientist reported on the reason about 20-25 years ago...

Nothing mystical, man.
The center of balance was outside the bowl, but the fork was being held in place by something on/in the fork.
That something was overcome by the constant force upward by gravity pulling the other end of the fulcrum down.

If a fork falls out of your head, start worrying then.

Too many variables. I'm still working on why toast always falls butter side down.

Dragon posted rational answer based on info given in post 7

yeah i read that, but the bowl and fork were stationary and untouched for around an hour, so i dont see how it could suddenly be off center.

peace.

Nothing mystical, man.
The center of balance was outside the bowl, but the fork was being held in place by something on/in the fork.
That something was overcome by the constant force upward by gravity pulling the other end of the fulcrum down.

If a fork falls out of your head, start worrying then.

thats kinda what my wife said to me. i dont think anything "supernatural" happend, but i just find it a bit wierd is all,

i came to the conclusion that the fork was slightly stuck to the bowl wich was off center, and over time it gradualy came unstuck until it finaly came out of the bowl and went onto the floor.

peace.

yeah i read that, but the bowl and fork were stationary and untouched for around an hour, so i dont see how it could suddenly be off center.

What was in the bowl?

Think if it this way...
Let's imagine oatmeal in a bowl.
Dig a fork into the oatmeal just slightly - enough keep it from flipping out and no more.
Walk away.
The fork will be pushing up on that oatmeal with a constant pressure, trying to fall out of the bowl the whole time.
The oatmeal will be losing some of its strength under that pressure, very slowly.
As the oatmeal gives ground, the fork lifts more and gets heavier, while the oatmeal gets weaker and thinner.
Eventually, the fork will fall, right?

Back