A Dare to the Religions

Athelwulf

Rest in peace Kurt...
Registered Senior Member
I propose a chalenge, a dare. This is directed to the religious folk of SciForums - mostly to Christians, but I would like all people of any religion to participate.

I DARE you to look at your belief system and find something, ANYTHING, that doesn't quite make sense, that is flawed, ANYTHING. I really mean ANYTHING.

Please don't disregard this dare as mere atheist babble. That would be closed-minded.

Also, if ya HONESTLY find no flaws whatsoever in yer belief system, just say that. Try not to write a rediculously long post explaining away any doubt about almost every point of yer religion. They just get too long, and are surely ignored by the majority of SciForum readers.

Thank you for participating. Peace, Love, Health, and Happiness to all!

Âðelwulf.

Last edited:
I DARE you to find something, ANYTHING, that doesn't quite make sense, that is flawed...
Why people hate each other, why they lie, steal and cheat. Why do they think only of themselves, when they have the minority vote against all of humanity? Why do people think the world owes them pleasure, when they have no reason to think it does, or expect happiness when all the evidence is that life promises them pain and disappointment? Why do two people fall in love? Why don't they just mate and propagate?

Try not to write a ridiculously long post explaining away any doubt about almost every one of these.

Or maybe you'd like to tell me why ANYTHING exists at all. Does that make sense, even if you just take yourself as a point of reference? Everything you see is nothing plus... And when you're long gone, who will prove that *you* scientifically and logically must have existed? *You* don't make sense.

Also, what are flaws? Flawed compared to what?

Oops.

Uh, I forgot to specifically say to look for flaws in yer belief system. I'll make the corrections right now.

EDIT: Okay, better.

Dear Athalwulf,

I'm a Marian Catholic. Mary wants to be Merciful. She wants everyone to go to Heaven.

But what sense would that make? Rotten horrible people... and who would argue that there are not rotten horrible people... not when half the Country votes Republican! -- nobody wants Rotten horrible People in Heaven. It wouldn't be Heaven anymore.

But I bow to Her judgment. But I do hope She segragates them off to where they only have themselves to offend and screw over. Separate but equal, but just not in my neighborhood of Heaven.

Objection, leading the witness!

Athelwulf,

It's a pity you made that change. What about your belief system? Questions like that already expects certain answers. I repeat my question: "Flaws" compared to what?

Back