This type of "ending" has been around many times before this one. Don't you remember when the year 2000 was going to the end of days? Just another way to make money selling crap about the final days. Watch for a book and a movie soon! :mad:

2012 is relevant to "our judgement" how?

Predicted and scheduled events

January

* January 1 - Poland will adopt the Euro.
* January 13–22 - The first Winter Youth Olympics will be held in Innsbruck, Austria.
* January 31 - 433 Eros, the second-largest Near Earth Object on record (size 13×13×33 km) will pass Earth at 0.1790 astronomical units (26,778,019 km; 16,639,090 mi). NASA studied Eros with the NEAR Shoemaker probe launched on 1996-02-17.[2]

February

* February 5 - Super Bowl XLVI will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana.

March

* March 22 - Unless the European Council votes to extend current copyright law, The Beatles' debut album, Please Please Me, will fall out of copyright.[3]

April

* April 17 - The United States will cede wartime control of the military of the Republic of Korea after 50 years and dissolve the Combined Forces Command. Two distinct military commands (South Korea and the United States) will operate in Korea during wartime, rather than one unified command under the Combined Forces Command.

May

* May 20 - Annular solar eclipse, a Sunday. Path of totality runs through the Pacific Ocean from northern China to California.

June

* June 6 - The second and last solar transit of Venus of the century. The next pair is predicted to occur in 2117 and 2125.
* June 9 – July 1 - The UEFA Euro 2012 will be played in Poland and Ukraine.
* June 18 – June 23 – Turing Centenary Conference at the University of Cambridge, in honor of the mathematician, computer scientist, and cryptographer Alan Turing, the last day of the conference being the hundredth anniversary of his birth.[1]

July

* July 18–21 - The 2012 World Rowing Championships will be held at Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
* July 27 - Opening ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics begins in London at 7:30 pm UTC, 8:30pm BST.[4]

August

* August 12 - Closing ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, a Sunday.
* August 29 - Start of the 2012 Summer Paralympics.

November

* November 6 - The United States Presidential, Senate, and House of Representatives elections.
* November 13 - Total solar eclipse (visible in northern Australia and the South Pacific).
* November 28 - Penumbral lunar eclipse.

December

* December 3 - Jupiter in opposition.
* December 21 - 11:11 UTC. Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, Summer Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere.[5]
* December 21 - The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the pre-Columbian Maya civilization among others, completes a "great cycle" of thirteen b'ak'tuns (periods of 144,000 days each) since the mythical Creation date of the calendar's current era.[6] On this day the Long Count date at creation—written 13.0.0.0.0 in modern notation, equivalent to August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar—is repeated for the first time in a span of a little over 5,125 solar years.[7] The completion of this cycle and the repetition of the previous Creation's Long Count ending date have been central to various 2012 doomsday predictions since the 1960s. Academic researchers have not concluded that the ancient Maya themselves attached similar significance to this point in time.[8]
* December 23 - An alternative date for the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun in the Long Count calendar, calculated using another version of the GMT correlation[9] which is supported by a few Mayanist researchers.[10]
* December 31 - The Kyoto Protocol will expire.

No mention of a scheduled apocalypse there. Maybe there was a meeting and they decided to reschedule. There's absolutely no posit in this thread, nor is there any evidence. It's pure speculation and fits better in another subforum. Some of us aren't Christian, what happens to us? Are we still subject to this apocalypse? And why weren't we notified?

This thread has been moved to Pseudoscience. There are a number of threads already on 2012/2020 as well as the Mayan calendar. Admittedly the subject itself can be covered by Religion, Anthropology, History and even Human Sciences but it needs an umbrella to cover it's totality. Some would suggest it's not an end but a beginning...

Anyone want to start singing the "Age of Aquarius" or something?

I agree some humans are messed up, but animals have it far worse. That animal world is brutal, much more than we are.

Well, People believe its going to be a scientific type thing thats gonna end the world, and some believe that its a religious type thing...
Science and Religion dont mix....

If the world was going to end, I think it's likely to be some crazy man with his finger on a button. The whole thing will last a few hours. We'll all be dead. Except the cockroaches and my gran. I think some religions could have predicted when that will happen. I think if we had a better understanding of science and religion, they could maybe get together and have a nice cup of tea and a chin wag and discover they're both fields of speculation through inferential evidence.

If the world was going to end, I think it's likely to be some crazy man with his finger on a button. The whole thing will last a few hours. We'll all be dead. Except the cockroaches and my gran.

Your gran ? What's her secret ? lol

This type of "ending" has been around many times before this one. Don't you remember when the year 2000 was going to the end of days? Just another way to make money selling crap about the final days. Watch for a book and a movie soon! :mad:

They actually did make a 2012 movie titled 2012....suppossed to be all natural disaters happening at once..

If the world was going to end, I think it's likely to be some crazy man with his finger on a button. The whole thing will last a few hours. We'll all be dead. Except the cockroaches and my gran.

You know whats gonna happen after December 21st 2012???
decemebr 22nd

Back