$200 Reward For A Calculation

common_sense_seeker

Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador
Valued Senior Member
$200 to the first person who reliably calculates when the pioneers will cross the invariable plane (the plane of angular momentum of the solar system, approx equal to the orbit of Jupiter). Payment via PayPal. The calculation must be verified before payment can be made.

$200 to the first person who reliably calculates when the pioneers will cross the invariable plane (the plane of angular momentum of the solar system, approx equal to the orbit of Jupiter). Payment via PayPal. The calculation must be verified before payment can be made.

Sometime after 2 PM today! Now PAY ME! :D

How old are you? I'm thinking it won't be within your lifetime..

No, offer closed as Oliphate and I told CSS that rather than spouting claims like "I've got an explanation for the Pioneer anomaly, dark matter, glacial cycles and the price of cheese!" maybe he should look for the actual data on the probe's trajectory. CSS said it'd be too hard to get ahold of, so Oliphate got ahold of it in about 20 minutes and CSS managed to realise that the probe isn't heading towards the orbital plane of Jupiter so his entire claim was based on a flawed assumption. Of course falsification doesn't slow him down, he's certain he's still right but now he's got even less to show why.

So really I suppose Oliphate deserves the $200.

No, offer closed as Oliphate and I told CSS that rather than spouting claims like "I've got an explanation for the Pioneer anomaly, dark matter, glacial cycles and the price of cheese!" maybe he should look for the actual data on the probe's trajectory. CSS said it'd be too hard to get ahold of, so Oliphate got ahold of it in about 20 minutes and CSS managed to realise that the probe isn't heading towards the orbital plane of Jupiter so his entire claim was based on a flawed assumption. Of course falsification doesn't slow him down, he's certain he's still right but now he's got even less to show why.

sad.

I that case.. I agree.

Back