2 words to disprove the christian god

I don't see why that would disprove the Christian God. Also, there may not be such a thing as indeterminacy, except in our small minds.

Lord_Phoenix said:
What is the point of disproving something that doesn't exist?

How do you know that it doesn't exist? I couldn't believe in God either, if I saw God as you do...

"Religion doesn't care about proof, science, or logic" Your right because if they did they wouldnt need it.

Just_Not_There said:
quantum indeterminacy

Where's you presentation? Where's the demonstation?

What, did it sound good when your Professor said it, but you forgot how he happened to explain it?

You know, punch lines are great, but the joke needs to come first. Just giving us the punchline is not calculated to make for much of a laugh, unless it is directed at your inability to express your thoughts.

Just_Not_There said:
quantum indeterminacy
one word to describe your little pet theory,
"huh?"
two words
"no proof"
three words
"in what way?"
four words
Einstein doubted QM
more complete explanation
the One who set the laws of physics & nature, is above them, not controlled by them
He understands all, knows all, can do all,
we on the other hand, are flawed, as apparently your logic is

QI:
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/Q/Qu/Quantum_indeterminacy.htm

two words that bring God back into the science mainstream

"ID"

Well in short QI is basically the principle that it is impossible to predict the position and velocity of an electron at the same time. Not that we haven't been able to work out how to do it yet, but that it is simply impossible. Now this disproves a lot of the core beliefs of a christian god. all-knowing, all-seeing, all powerful, all loving etc etc etc. How can he be all knowing if it is impossible to predict the position of a single electron, let alone the rest of them in the universe? Or does he just 'know'? Same argument can be applied with modifications to the rest of his attributes. Sorry this is a weak argument, not thought out or rehearsed - it just popped into my mind last week when I started studying basic quantum physics. I deliberately put it up here yesterday with no follow-up to try and spark someone who had a sounder understanding in both quantum and religion to consider the idea.

And to the guy who responded to the alice in wonderland comment.....yeah you're right, how stupid would they look? :p

Thread starter has admitted stupidity and ignorance of his own thread topic. Please close James.

TheHeretic said:
I think atheists and christians can both agree this post is simply nonsense
Agreed, its so weak, its like saying, "the US is a Christian country, because our money says" In God We Trust" ",

my atheistic geology teacher tried that one on me, good thing he knew rocks, cause he had a few in his head, the poor guy. it still makes me laugh to remember that.

you see you see, you who put down this dude's evolving insight.......you dont want to explore it. you wanna go runnin back to your safe Bible. which is actually from sooooo long ago. so archaic and dated. THAt you wanna stick to like glue

why doesn't QI fascinate you?

it means that reality is indeterminate/ambiguous......that it cant be pinned down. made determinate. unlike those who cling to a dogma that is set in stone and never changes. many of you STILl harbour the same old same old prejudices that that followers of your dogma had many many years bcak. so it is a dead thing. not a living thing

Randolfo said:
Agreed, its so weak, its like saying, "the US is a Christian country, because our money says" In God We Trust" ",

my atheistic geology teacher tried that one on me, good thing he knew rocks, cause he had a few in his head, the poor guy. it still makes me laugh to remember that.
I'm lost here. The United States is a Christian country, and indeed good evidence for that is the phrase "In God We Trust" written, in total contravention of the Constitution, on the national currency. (And only since 1954, incidentally)

It seems to me that you entirely missed your atheist geology teacher's point. Which was clearly that he evidently felt his beliefs were marginalised in a nation where the government were quite willing to make a representative statement on behalf of all its citizens which in fact excluded him.

Back