1808 UFO Sighting over Moscow

Giambattista

sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss
Valued Senior Member
In a collection belonging to a 19th-century Russian politician, was recently discovered a document detailing a bizarre aerial sighting in 1808. The document, along with a sketch of the event, was found by Alexander Afanasyev, who works at the Russian State History Museum.
It was determined that the sighting was recorded by Andrey Chebotaryov, a professor at the University of Moscow.

The sighting:

“On September, 1, 1808, at 8 o’clock and 7 minutes in the afternoon, in the sky, clear and sown with stars, a phenomenon appeared, incomparable in its beauty and rigor, as well as in radiance and enormous size, to anything seen before. As we noticed it, attracted by the loud cracking sound, it was rising in an arch over the horizon, from 55’ to almost 90’. Having passed this distance in an instant, it stopped among the clouds as if over the Kremlin and looked like a long straight plate some nine arshin (6.35 meter) long and half arshin (0.35 meter) thick.

Then on its front edge, turned to the South-West, an oval flame flared, some two arshin (1.4 meter) long and one and a half arshin (1.4 meter) thick, with a flame that can only be compared to the radiance of burning phosphor.

Floating in a circle without open fire or sparkle, it nonetheless lighted everything around as broad daylight; then the flame went out, the light disappeared, but the bright plate remained and quite smoothly went perpendicularly upwards, reached the stars and still could be seen for some two minutes and then, without disappearing, it became invisible due to the extraordinary height.”

FULL STORY

So, there is thousands upon thousands of UFO sightings in Mexico. I think they exist. I found an equation a while back saying that a disk shaped object flying at the speed of light was to take a 90 degree angle turn it would have no G force.

Ricky Houy Picture Show!

Many UFOs in Mexico look mysteriously balloon-like...

As for light-speed discs, I'll have to take your word for it.

Giambattista said:
Ricky Houy Picture Show!

Many UFOs in Mexico look mysteriously balloon-like...

As for light-speed discs, I'll have to take your word for it.

Well, not all of them look balloon like. If I am able to come across the equation i will gladly show you it.

It was a secret US rocket-propelled-airship, only known by it's codename: "Halycon". The files are still to be declassified.

Shut up. It was a flying unterseeboot that was propelled back in time through a freak "accident".

Floating in a circle without open fire or sparkle, it nonetheless lighted everything around as broad daylight; then the flame went out, the light disappeared, but the bright plate remained and quite smoothly went perpendicularly upwards, reached the stars and still could be seen for some two minutes and then, without disappearing, it became invisible due to the extraordinary height.

It was probably an early hydrogen balloon that caught fire.

Or, possibly Polaris. I have a feeling this person was a rather poor observer prone to gross errors of visual perception.

Better yet, it's probably a hoax. Someone made up this account rather skillfully on authentic 19th-century parchment and slipped it into the archives, hoping to make a big splash.

Back