14 mile long "thing" in Antarctica

Magical Realist

Valued Senior Member
Antarctica is literally CRAWLING with weirdness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5jGLJmtTzA

thethingmac.jpg

Quite possible that they are "blanked out" for security / intellectual property rights reasons, things like that. Could be something being done at a research facility, etc. No real way to tell unless you go there :)

Fortress of Solitude? "Ming the Merciless" base? Okay admittedly Wrong hemisphere, but if you wanted to throw your arch-nemesis off you going to tell them somewhere else, like the opposite side of the planet.

Again wrong hemisphere would be Ice Station Zebra, Perhaps this one was Ice Station Aardvark

in this day and age when google earth is well known, i seriously doubt if someone would build a "secret" base 4 miles wide in antarctica where it could be easily spotted.

another thing, the military has a far better resolution than you will get.
even government employees has said "it's pretty nice to be able to read a license plate from orbit".
i doubt if a secret base in the middle of nowhere will get by the military, unless it's underground.

I new better.
And I still clicked! Pure hogwash!! And thoughts of a underground base is laughable! If a base was underground you would make heat heat gets out and turns to ice. All the ducts and stuff would be iced over! The "door" would be like on a sub I guess but that would not work so well with blowing snow and frezzing temps, what would a country really do with a military underground bace in a very harsh place like that? Even research is mainly above ground ..... and another unbelieveable flipping youtube vid...

..... and another unbelieveable flipping youtube vid...
i have google earth and i've seen "strange things" with it too.
it's almost as if the images got mixed up or something.
this would imply some sort of software glitch.

I new better.
And I still clicked! Pure hogwash!! And thoughts of a underground base is laughable! If a base was underground you would make heat heat gets out and turns to ice. All the ducts and stuff would be iced over! The "door" would be like on a sub I guess but that would not work so well with blowing snow and frezzing temps, what would a country really do with a military underground bace in a very harsh place like that? Even research is mainly above ground ..... and another unbelieveable flipping youtube vid...
you're running your mouth with complete ignorance.
geothermal energy

Perhaps... but YOU certainly are!
explain..
ahh wait,
i see what you are trying to attempt,
just another ignoramus who thinks they are an intellect, looking for an argument.
comical.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious... R1D2, Read-Only - you believe this to be something of significance, as opposed to a photographic anomaly?

Where Kittamaru did ya get that I-Deer? I don't think its a military instalation. And I said its hog wash.... I will be more clear I don't think its anything. May be ice or a rock. This is Something not man made. This is not some unrealistic "thing" and its not no "monster"....
Wait a second! here is a crazy thought I just had, might this "thing" be a plane, or whale. Or a boat stuck in the ice??

Damnit. I thought it was going to be a lot better that that. It's not even speculative, just some damn render problem.

#robbed

Absolutely not. It's the result of a photographic anomaly, bad stitching, or some similar.

Where Kittamaru did ya get that I-Deer? I don't think its a military instalation. And I said its hog wash.... I will be more clear I don't think its anything. May be ice or a rock. This is Something not man made. This is not some unrealistic "thing" and its not no "monster"....
Wait a second! here is a crazy thought I just had, might this "thing" be a plane, or whale. Or a boat stuck in the ice??

My apologies - I just wanted to clarify for my own sake/sanity heh

Back