11 year old arrested for peeing on macbooks

sifreak21

Valued Senior Member
and schools wonder why there not getting funding

school claims the 30 laptops are damaged beyond repair
not all laptops were open.. this being said unless the student had a steady stream directly on the keyboard of EVERY SINGLE LAPTOP they are FARR from damaged beyond repair. i should contact this school and say since they are damaged beyond repair your getting 36000dollars out of the deal ill take all the damaged laptops and "recycle" them by wiping the piss of the top and using brand new laptops this just pissed me off so decided to post

and schools wonder why there not getting funding

school claims the 30 laptops are damaged beyond repair
not all laptops were open.. this being said unless the student had a steady stream directly on the keyboard of EVERY SINGLE LAPTOP they are FARR from damaged beyond repair. i should contact this school and say since they are damaged beyond repair your getting 36000dollars out of the deal ill take all the damaged laptops and "recycle" them by wiping the piss of the top and using brand new laptops this just pissed me off so decided to post

Where's the link to the news report?

In the UK a recent story actually implicated that a school that got "Free laptops" to give it's children by one company, was actually "mis-sold" the concept of free and signed lease forms for a third-party finance company with the concept that the fees were being wavered, the schools found they had debt collection companies working for the finance companies threatening to seize assets or bankrupt them because the "Contracts" were/are legally binding. (You'd be surprised how many "posed" reputable companies have mis-sold lease systems into the public and private sectors)

When a school complains they don't have enough funds, it might well be that they are hiding that they got mislead into such financial contracts, if the truth was found out then certain administrators of such places would most certainly prove they weren't qualified enough for the position.

Stryder that's one good reason for education department surplying all equiptment and checking all "donations" for the public sector

Police Report announcement and Oldest news report I found:
http://upperallenpolice.com/wp/?p=9406
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/04/boy_urinates_on_computers_caus.html

Total loss claimed perhaps because of "biohazard" of human/animal urine.
http://www.cultofmac.com/163986/11-year-old-boy-urinates-upon-36000-worth-of-macbooks/

I am not a lawyer, but I believe that voiding the warranty on the laptops could partially be compensated for by training the child to disassemble, clean to odor-free state, and reassemble to working condition the affected machines. I find it very ha

Pathetic. :bugeye:

Cheaper than this little escapade that happened in my city last year. :(

The 12-year-old girl and a 13-year-old girl both pleaded guilty last fall to charges of arson in relation to the fire which caused $7 million in damage to the sports facility. The girls cannot be named under the terms of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/12-old-girl-sentenced-arson-172143887.html

Hmm?

MacBooks for the 5th grade?
$36,000 worth?

Seems the Pee is mightier than the Sword

Twer me, running the IT dept, I'd have put on gloves and carefully soaked up as much as I could with paper towels, then taken out the batteries and hard drives, removed the keyboards and dosed them with Distilled water several times, and then dried the frames in white rice.

Since if they were in a cart it's unlikely that any were actually on when they got doused, and laptops are designed to resist spills, I doubt that any would have been a total loss to the Urinator.

If the school wouldn't reuse them because of the possible Bio-hazard, you could still sell them at a decent price (with full disclosure) on E-Bay.

Do most elementary schools even have on-campus IT repairs? When I was a student in a large elementary-secondary school district a "Computer Alternative Shop" class at the most populous high school trained students to repair the district's fleet of Apple Computer computers and printers. While vacuuming out cookie crumbs and/or dead bugs from a keyboard was probably fine, I think there may be insurance-related or legal reasons treating human waste and/or blood as a separate category of "gunk" to be removed.

A little research...
OK -- Blood is legally potentially infectious material and requires special cleanup in the US.
I can't find a similar result for urine.

I think they would either have someone on site who does basic support (installing software, devices, adding memory etc) or at least a company contracted to provide that service, but regardless, I suspect someone is pulling a fast one by claiming this incident rendered these $36,000 worth of MacBooks a "Total Loss".

If the school wouldn't reuse them because of the possible Bio-hazard, you could still sell them at a decent price (with full disclosure) on E-Bay.

The problem is that Apple won't repair machines with urine damage. Some kind of policy about biohazards in their facilities or something. So unless you're somebody who can obtain the requisite parts and do the repairs yourself (which is pretty rare for Apple machines), they're effectively bricked. Even if you can find a way to get them fixed economically, it will involve voiding all of the warranties which is probably a problem for the school.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/01/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-legallyweird-idUS17910900920120501

Hmm?

MacBooks for the 5th grade?
$36,000 worth?

Seems the Pee is mightier than the Sword

Twer me, running the IT dept, I'd have put on gloves and carefully soaked up as much as I could with paper towels, then taken out the batteries and hard drives, removed the keyboards and dosed them with Distilled water several times, and then dried the frames in white rice.

Since if they were in a cart it's unlikely that any were actually on when they got doused, and laptops are designed to resist spills, I doubt that any would have been a total loss to the Urinator.

id bet my life 98% of them are just fine. if the school deems them a biohazard they NEED to toss them so again i should contact the school for every one of the laptops. they cant sell them to me because if they are a biohazard to them isnt it a biohazard to me also?

all they needed to do is wipe the piss of and their fine. you wonder whats wrong with the world today this is it..
i havent looked into it much further than the headline so there is a possibility they are all destroyed BUT you can put 30 laptops on a cart throw a 5gal bucket of water on them and some will still be usable

The problem is that Apple won't repair machines with urine damage. Some kind of policy about biohazards in their facilities or something. So unless you're somebody who can obtain the requisite parts and do the repairs yourself (which is pretty rare for Apple machines), they're effectively bricked. Even if you can find a way to get them fixed economically, it will involve voiding all of the warranties which is probably a problem for the school.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/01/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-legallyweird-idUS17910900920120501

ehh they arnt ruined i gaurenttee it if the laptops were off keep them off dump all effected machines in a tub of RO water for 5 min try to keep the water moving. take the laptops out let them dry for a week with fans blowing on them charge em up turn em on and its buisness as usual this story adn that school is a joke

A keyboard is easily replaced.
On my laptop, it is a 5 minute job.
Very Simple.
Cost of new keyboard £15.

The Pee-er should be kept behind school each evening to do the job himself.

Replacing the whole computer?
It's an example of what happens when you are spending other people's money.

Back